+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: How Do You Motivate Yourself?

. Guilt works well.
    . Delayed gratification does the trick.
    . Inviting others over works better.
    . Seeing the kitties wander around carrying dust bunnies puts me into ACTION.
    . Pretending I've walked into someone elses home makes me look at it differently.
    . Taking off the rose-colored glasses, inhances messy-vision.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Sometimes I'll do things in steps so as not to feel overwhelmed. If my house is particularly dirty, I'll tackle one room or task at a time even if it takes all day. My motivation is knowing that I can be lazy again for a while if I just get the cleaning over with.

If it's homework, I'll do the quick and easy stuff first and then work on the harder stuff (and whichever is due first!). My motivation is to not get a bad grade!

My current motivation to get my mortgage paid off next year rather than in the scheduled six years is the understanding that I want to be debt free when I finally snap at work and get fired. No joke - I feel myself heading inexorably towards the giant and noteworthy fit of disgruntlement that generally does cause one to get canned.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567