+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Valentine Gift Ideas

Valentine Gift Ideas

OK - I realize its still about 1 month away, but I've got a beau that I want to get something great for, but I just don't know what to do. I figure lots of gals (and guys) here might feel the same way, and figured we could use this thread to brainstorm different ideas - you know, something other than the candy and flowers thing....

What's a great gift for a guy ( besides the obvious*) to receive for Valentine's Day?

(*the obvious being a nice home-cooked meal )
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

Edited: I'm sorry, I got too embarassed by old post--especially considering the PG-13ness of the board--I just had to get rid of it. I'll post some legitimate Valentine's gift ideas later when I have more time to think about it.
    Last edited by SnowflakeGirl; 01-20-2005 at 04:55 PM.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

No no - I'm definately doing that (Just came from the other thread in the green room - you and I think alike, Snowy....scary, fun but scary)

Okay, ADK, I'm glad you weren't offended (I was worried I'd been a bit, erm, vulgar), we can maybe talk about this in a PM!

Actually, this is a great thread because I'm always stumped over what to get my husband on Valentine's.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I'm thinking - stencils???

I'll bet most of us posting in this thread through out the month of January will be...female. The men will join us about noon on Feb. 14th, by which time it will be too late for any good ideas

I wonder if there is some way to link my husband to this thread. Just to give him a little *nudge nudge*
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

Youy're so funny spegs

Cologne is always a good thing if you know what they like. Depending if your man wears suits, a nice tie is always good. How 'bout a great meal? (it would be Valentine's every night then, right? )

Hmmm....an elctronic device is always good too depending what he likes??

Oh crap, Valentine's Day IS right around the corner! This year is already flying by, and I am so not ready for this.

Eva had a good suggestion with cologne. Valentine-ish silk boxers for him AND you are popular too.

I posted this many months ago in a thread that was asking for suggestions for a birthday gift for her guy. I had actually done this for Valentine's Day so I may as well post it here too in case you didn't see it before in the other thread. A couple of years ago, I put together a little game for my hubby - a treasure hunt if you will. Inside his Valentine's Day card, I gave him one of those little V-day cards that are popular with kids. On it, I wrote a clue. Using that clue, he had to find the next card... and so on until he found his gift. These clues were sexy and fun. For example, one card would read "Let's take a shower together" and when he would go to the shower, there would be another clue in there that would read "How about some whipped cream and cherries on top?" and then he would go to the refrigerator for the next clue. You get the idea. There was seven clues I think before he found his gift. Anyway, it was a fun little game for him and by the time he found his gift he was highly anticipating other things. So it ended up being a fun night for me too.

Quote Originally Posted by EvaLaruefan
    Hmmm....an elctronic device is always good too depending what he likes??
    I thought we were going to try to keep this clean?

Charlie, I remember seeing your suggestion in the other thread, but it's great to be reminded because it was so wonderfully creative. This will be our 25th Valentine's day together, and although we're still deeply in love, I have to admit, it's hard coming up with new ideas. I'll be checking in here often...good idea, ADK, thanks.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

I'd be happy if I just got a valentine, anything at all. But it is not likely, since I don't have a boyfriend or any prospects.

I'd probably buy a guy some power tools, and then loan them when I needed them. It's a wonder I am not taken :rolleyes

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast