+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Valentine Gift Ideas

We celebrated on Saturday because my parents are visiting today. My Valentine gave me 1/2 carat diamond earrings and a pendant with three hearts(to represent him and the kids). Not too shabby considering he rarely gives me jewelry!

I gave him a compass inscribed, "To My One True North." It holds some sentimental value for us from some things that have happened in our relationship.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

MRD

My best valentine ever

Back in my 20's, I worked for my dad. I did not have a boyfriend that year and was kind of bummed. I went to lunch and when I came back, my dad had xeroxed a page from the dictionary and circled the word and definition "Valentine" in red pen and signed it "Love dad" and had sprinkled heart shaped confetti on my desk.

It still brings tears to my eyes to remember it. And I still have that paper he copied.
    He's been gone 7 years now and I miss him because of course, my daddy was my first valentine!

2nd best Valentine's day: 3 weeks before my wedding, my fiance (now hubby) sent me a dozen red roses at work and I was the ONLY single girl in the office to get flowers that day, so there was much jealousy. The only time I've ever gotten flowers sent to me from him. Oh, he'll bring them home, but this was delivered by the flower delivery guy. I even took pictures of them.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

One of the advantages of sending valentines in lieu of Christmas cards is that you have all the address changes of anyone who moved during the year and sent a Christmas card.
    Count your blessings!

Here's your sign JAFO'S PRINCESS's Avatar
    I got a puppy. Jafo rescued it from the humane society. I say rescued cause she was new and scared to death. She still is but started warming up a BIT. She should be a great dog.
    I might as well work. I'm in a bad mood anyway.
    "I like to base my help on how happy you expect to be." Dogbert's tech support.

My hubby gave me flowers and a foot massage. Because things have been difficult for a while, the best present was a whole week without fighting and full of loving words.

MRD
    My teenage daughter gave me a card and in it wrote that even tho she can be annoying and hard to live with at times, she loves me and is sorry for all the times she gets on my nerves and that I am the best mom ever.

Made me cry but with
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    Mr. Rattus called me to wish me a happy Valentines and we said to each other "I love you". That's enough of a gift for me.
    Same here. My B/F said, Everyday with you is like Valentine's Day. An excuse YES but still sweet.

My sweetie called me early in the morning to wish me Happy Valentines. He created and drew a Valentine character just for me! He e-mailed me a copy and I'll get the real thing later. I sent him eight V-Day e-mail cards! One for every month since we got together . He was to come into town to celebrate but I got sick and we decided to put it off until later. So he doesn't get my real gifts until then.

My Dad sent me a cute kitty e-mail card as well. My big sinister gave me some heart chocolates, and feng shui info complete with an ox to neutralize negative energies in my home. My second big sinister brought over a mini chocolate lava cake last night. Yum!

And my kitties just gave me purrs and cuddles all day long.

What a great day!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789