+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Valentine Gift Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    Here's hoping that the loves of your life show you how much you mean to them today and everyday.
    The love of my life (my daughter ) and I are going to make Cherry Love Bite cupcakes later today. I found the recipe on BHG.com and they look yummy. It's probably going to be the best way I've ever spent a Valentine's Day.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Here's your sign JAFO'S PRINCESS's Avatar
    Jafo woke me up with kisses and didn't sick the dog (5 lbs. of viscious *cough* terrier) on me. And promised something special. And is doing the laundry. I have nothing for him. I waited too long to get his and couldn't find it.

ETA:I might fix him a special dinner tonight and then put the boys to bed early......:help I am clueless.
    I might as well work. I'm in a bad mood anyway.
    "I like to base my help on how happy you expect to be." Dogbert's tech support.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by applesauce View Post
    http://www.popgadget.net/2005/12/lexon_rubber_ra.php

Here's what I'm getting for mr.apple. It's a super cool Lexon rubber radio. They are really neat and he mentioned wanting one at Christmas time.
    What a cool idea...wished I had seen it earlier...must keep in my favorites folder to remember for anniversary!
    Me and fiancee are going out to eat and then I bought him a book on Soduku (sp?) for Dummies...he's mentioned several times he'd like to learn that...not very romantic but he's the type that goes and buys whatever expensive "toy" he wants so I'm left wracking my brain on what little thing I can get him.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    So here it is, the big day.

What did everyone get or give their honey??
    Sally's broke, from paying for another semester, so we agreed to not exchange gifts, per se. However, tonight, we're going to a local tapas restaraunt that is also giving tango lessons! She LOVES to dance!

So, it's Tapas and Tango, tonight!
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Here's your sign JAFO'S PRINCESS's Avatar
    I am stupid. Someone even mentioned it upthread. I am getting Jafo a Blake Shelton cd. The Dreamer has that song "the baby" on it. He loves that song cause it remindsd him of his mom. It had to come on the radio for me to remember. Duh.
    I might as well work. I'm in a bad mood anyway.
    "I like to base my help on how happy you expect to be." Dogbert's tech support.

I don't have a sweetheart, but I made over 60 valentines to send or deliver. I don't do Christmas cards, so this is my big keep-in-touch effort of the year (plus I like to make valentines).
    Count your blessings!

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I don't have a sweetheart, but I made over 60 valentines to send or deliver. I don't do Christmas cards, so this is my big keep-in-touch effort of the year (plus I like to make valentines).
    Gutmutter, I LOVE that idea. So unusual. I have a friend that does not do Christmas cards either, but sends out New Year's cards. I think that is neat too.

I made 8 valentine's cards this year. I usually do more, but have been sick, put it off too long and so only the select few are getting them. Besides, did not have the $$$ to stick in all the nieces and nephews cards I usually send.
    But they ALL have birthdays coming up between now and June, so will just make it up then.

Jafo's princess: doing the laundry is the best valentine's day gift my hubby could EVER give me. I HATE, absolutely abhor doing laundry. I'd wear paper clothes if I could so I didn't have to do laundry. So I think you got a pretty special gift if he did the laundry.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I'm being slightly spoiled by one of my best friends tonight....he's cooking for me, which means a yummy meal complete with appetizers and dessert. The only thing I know is that it's gonna be some sort of surf and turf, but not quite sure what the exact mix is since he doesn't always do it traditionally (last time we had it it was a mango salsa salmon fillet with filet mignon so ya never know). That plus a card from a guy that I've been on one date with and a big hug from a really cute customer of mine and my day is complete

As for my giving....my host this evening got a bundle of SpongeBob Squarepants Valentine balloons this morning and 2 heart shaped candy boxes that had SpongeBob boxers inside (yeah, he kinda has a thing for SpongeBob). I also gave the cute customer a handfull of Hershey Kissses this morning which was what brought on the hug....yesterday I'd given him a free cup of coffee as a Valentine's gift, and he told me "well I'd rather have kisses instead" so I had to take him up on it in some way I do feel a bit bad that I didn't get my date anythng, but heck, it's only been one date so far..I wasn't expecting anything from him at all and the card put me in shock just to know that he would think of it.

Mr. Rattus called me to wish me a happy Valentines and we said to each other "I love you". That's enough of a gift for me.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Gutmutter, that is a fantastic idea. I've never liked sending out Christmas cards for various reasons. However, the idea of sending out cards to your friends on a random day of the year (especially a time of year when people tend to be down), really appeals to me. You may have started a tradition for me as well.

ETA: And libs, my daughter would be so jealous of your friend's SpongeBob loot. She loves that stupid show, even though I VERY rarely let her watch it.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

+ Reply to Thread