+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Valentine Gift Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd View Post
    I'm sorry guys. I could not decide where the heck to put this... I've been trying to find my husband a perfect jacket for Valentines day but I can't seem to fnd what I want anywhere. I am looking for something like what Hal sparks was wearing in the I love the 90's shows...

Here is a clip of a video if you can't rememeber.

http://hal-sparks.net/_content/media/videos/01.wmv

I have also seen them in the past that were black with the little red and whites stripes on them.. But without all the other patches and decals. If anyone has any ideas I would very much appreciate it. He has bout worn the leather blazer I got him a few years ago within an inch of it's life.
    ClosetNerd, is this what you're looking for? http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...50249?v=glance

I'm excited! I actually found a really cool gift for my husband! But it's too cheesy to post.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Ohhh thanks! That is the closest I have seen yet
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieBug View Post
    Hep, did we work at the same place?! My old boss's wife was notorious for doing things like that for her husband. One year it was the barbershop quartet and another year it was a huge pink fuzzy singing gorilla. His face too would get SO red!

t.
    One year we were at a women's retreat. About 30 of us. It was my best friend's birthday, so several of us rented a gorilla costume and had her husband show up in it with balloons. She thought she was being Gorilla grammed and just laughed. Then he started rubbing on her and she got really embarrassed and got up and he followed her and grabbed her boobs and rubbed up against her butt and she's now crying saying: "I'm not like that". Only 4 of us out of 30 knew it was her husband, the others were clueless too. Some where shocked, some were laughing. It was hysterical. He pulls off the mask and the look on her face was PRICELESS! Best joke I've ever pulled off. That was 3 years ago and she keeps telling me to watch out, she'll get me when she least expects it.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
    Applesauce.

I have a Valentine's Day question for you parents. I've been in three stores recently that had HUGE Valentine's Day baskets for kids. They were just like Easter Baskets. Is this a new developement? When we were little, my parents sometimes got us some candy or a card, but that was about it. Has it become some big production to rival Easter? Or is this something that the stores are just now trying to shove down our throats?

The stores will try to turn every small holiday into a huge gift giving extravaganza. At our house, the kids have a big day making Valentines to give to their friends and decorate heart cookies. I'll usually give each of my little apples a small treat. but no gifts. I do get a special gift for my husband. He works so hard and never buys anything for himself, so it's a good excuse to spoil him a bit.

I'm with you guys on the big V-day basket thing . Just another way for the economy to keep going and get another hand in your wallet!

I loved the exchange of little cards in elementary school. But it was only grade 1 and 2 if I remember. I was Valentine Queen one year . One little boy really like me and stuffed my decorated kleenex box with cards and I had the most. I got to wear a foil cardboard crown the whole day. There was a Valentine King crowned too, but we didn't like each other. . It's been that way with relationships ever since....SIGH.

I remember Valentines was for sending loving thoughts to your mom and dad, and grandparents. That's it. No giftys until you were more adult.

Great News! My sweetie is coming up to visit for Valentines . I'm just planning a simple party for two. His presence is my present
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I feel like an idiot. I have no clue what to buy my hubby for Valentine. We've been having a rocky year, so I'd like to give him something romantic and from the heart to show him how much I do love and appreciate him. But I'm drawing a blank. Cooking something for him is out of the question because I have a small child and because I used to do it often, so it's not a novelty.

I thought of bying him hockey tickets to his favorite team (so much for romance), but they are quit expensive and we can't afford to spend too much. Same for a weekend getaway (keeping that priviledge for our anniversary).

Any ideas or suggestions?

http://www.popgadget.net/2005/12/lexon_rubber_ra.php

Here's what I'm getting for mr.apple. It's a super cool Lexon rubber radio. They are really neat and he mentioned wanting one at Christmas time.

That is adorable I decided I was going to use a portion of our tax return to take Mr Nerd to see the Blue men Group... however, the way things have been going today. Mr Nerd might be finding himself on St Valentines Naughty list instead :nono and not in the red lace and whipped cream sense of the word.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

I was hanging out with a friend this weekend, and she gave me this idea: her big, burly husband likes walking around the house in the most girly, foo-foo slippers around. When I was there he was wearing bunny slippers.

I've decided to get mr. sleepy something similar- maybe not bunny slippers, but something along those lines. I know he'll like them because he seemed interested in these kitty slippers that I have, as well as my froggie slippers...

I've also decided to make him a Valentine's Day card, instead of giving in to the card industry like I normally do.

MRD

What did you get/give?

So here it is, the big day.

What did everyone get or give their honey???

Hubby and I are having a nice meal and exchanging cards as we are buying something big for both of us that will cover both Valentine's day and our anniversary next march.

I got my daughter a Hello Kitty scrapbook album because she and her friends LOVE Hello Kitty (they are in high school, not elementary, but still LOVE Hello Kitty. Who doesn't, I guess). My best friend gave me a small box of chocolates and a pair of Valentine Socks that I have on right now as its cooooolllld here. I gave her a wonderful scrapbook project featuring her favorite collectible: pink poodles.

Here's hoping that the loves of your life show you how much you mean to them today and everyday.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread