+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Valentine Gift Ideas

Hep, did we work at the same place?! My old boss's wife was notorious for doing things like that for her husband. One year it was the barbershop quartet and another year it was a huge pink fuzzy singing gorilla. His face too would get SO red!

Poor guys. You know they like to be thought of and receive gifts every now and then, but us ladies had better be careful in how we do it. I know my hubby loves cookies, and cookie bouquets are real popular around here (cookies in different shapes according to whatever theme you're going for). I was wanting to send them to my husband one year, but thought better of it when I realized he would get grief from all of his work buddies if I did that.

Doing a lap before I commit to a location
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieBug
    Hep, did we work at the same place?! My old boss's wife was notorious for doing things like that for her husband. One year it was the barbershop quartet and another year it was a huge pink fuzzy singing gorilla. His face too would get SO red!

Poor guys. You know they like to be thought of and receive gifts every now and then, but us ladies had better be careful in how we do it. I know my hubby loves cookies, and cookie bouquets are real popular around here (cookies in different shapes according to whatever theme you're going for). I was wanting to send them to my husband one year, but thought better of it when I realized he would get grief from all of his work buddies if I did that.
    Ohmigosh! The fuzzy pink gorilla came to my office for one of the young "playa" guys. Who turned BRIGHT RED and wanted to hide under the desk. The grief piled on him for weeks afterward is something for everyone to take into account!

I too think this is an overcommercialized non-holiday. However, it is extremely special to me. I don't go in for all the hype, but my family and I celebrate the day as my grandma and grandpa's anniversary. I believe this would have been their 60th. Have to check, and then go out and buy those presents, they are more like birthday presents, but everyone gets something, nothing gimmicky or decorated in hearts though, just gifts.

Idea for men:
    New wallet (they all need them sooner or later) with pictures of special people in the picture holders, a gift certificate/gift card in one of the credit card holders, and a dollar for luck. Maybe some "love coupons". I've done this with much success.

Also desk calendars with key dates written in unobstrusively. Gets your point across, but does not hit him over the head with it. Depending on the guy this can be a great considerate gift, or not.

Could does not mean should

Great ideas, Veronica!
    Oh, and I can't believe there is more than one big fuzzy pink gorilla!

I am putting a photo of me and my husband from when we got engaged, which happened to be close to valentines day, a photo from out wedding and a photo from now all grouped together then I had a caligrapher write really cool " I would say yes again.." and put it in the fourth section of the frame. That is his Valentines gift.

That sounds nice, Miss U. I still have a box of our wedding programs around, and your post is giving me ideas...
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Ohhh that is a good idea Hep! I bet you could get is sort of made to look a little "vintage" and use it as the "matting paper" for a photo of you now and then, and oh,, wait I am not a contestant on Wickedly Perfect! Have fun sounds great!

Time to bump this thread for some fresh ideas!

My plan was to give my husband tickets to a Dallas Stars hockey game. This is the first time in a while that we haven't had a season ticket package and he hasn't gone to a game this season. My nephew killed those plans. He has an extra ticket to tonight's game and my hubby is going. I know I could still get the tickets but it's not the same now. I'm usually pretty creative but now I've drawn a blank!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

I'm sorry guys. I could not decide where the heck to put this... I've been trying to find my husband a perfect jacket for Valentines day but I can't seem to fnd what I want anywhere. I am looking for something like what Hal sparks was wearing in the I love the 90's shows...

Here is a clip of a video if you can't rememeber.

http://hal-sparks.net/_content/media/videos/01.wmv

I have also seen them in the past that were black with the little red and whites stripes on them.. But without all the other patches and decals. If anyone has any ideas I would very much appreciate it. He has bout worn the leather blazer I got him a few years ago within an inch of it's life.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

ahem...well, there is always one gift you can give, which they always love, that doesn't cost a thing. Unless you want to buy some champagne, chocolate, whipped cream or any other goodies of your choice to go along with it.

Seriously, thought, I'm trying to think of a nice gift as well.

Applesauce.

I have a Valentine's Day question for you parents. I've been in three stores recently that had HUGE Valentine's Day baskets for kids. They were just like Easter Baskets. Is this a new developement? When we were little, my parents sometimes got us some candy or a card, but that was about it. Has it become some big production to rival Easter? Or is this something that the stores are just now trying to shove down our throats?
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

+ Reply to Thread