+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Valentine Gift Ideas

that's not lame at all candor.

Duxxy, that's perfect, truly stress free for him as he doesn't even need to think about what to get you

My husband and I are lucky if we remember to even say happy valentines day. I agree, totally made up non-holiday.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Same here Cali. I think it's just another day to stress out and spend money. Take the kids and or each other out for Pizza. It's always a good day for pizza.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eny
    Same here Cali. I think it's just another day to stress out and spend money.
    It is nothing but a commercialized holiday for the stores. They need to fill the gap between Christmas and Easter/Spring so they make Valentine's Day a huge thing. :phhht
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Eny, is that avatar farting in my general direction?
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

My daughter is four, and she is in a fever pitch of excitement about Valentine's day. She's been cutting out paper hearts for two weeks. It's fun to see her enthusiasm, but I'm just gorged on all the Valentine sappiness. My only plan is to rent an action or horror movie (in other words, the complete opposite of a chick flick), then stay up late watching it with Mr. Hep once daughter is in bed.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Fort Member
    You guys really get into it
    Its not so big here, especially if you are married. I think Aussie men believe once you have married her you don't have to do any of that romantic stuff anymore so Valentines goes out the window. Actually I don't even remember my husband getting me anything before we were married.
    In the hope of stirring something romantic in him, I did once after we first met have a courier deliver a single red rose to his work place for him on Valentines Day with an unsigned card. It embarrassed the hell out of him in front of his work mates so I acted jealous and claimed no knowledge of it. Not sure that he believed me. But it did give me some ammunition and quite a few laughs for a while, but I believe it may have sealed my fate in regards to ever receiving a Valentines gift.
    I wonder if I should try it again

My beau snuck into the bathroom this morning while I was in the shower and left me a little note on the mirror, written in soap. Honestly, that's all I need.
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

ADK it'd be even more romantic if he cleans it off later

Duxxy So very true (I'll find out when I get home)
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

Quote Originally Posted by Lucynda
    In the hope of stirring something romantic in him, I did once after we first met have a courier deliver a single red rose to his work place for him on Valentines Day with an unsigned card. It embarrassed the hell out of him in front of his work mates so I acted jealous and claimed no knowledge of it.
    Too funny.

I had a boss (younger than me, curse him) whose wife hired a barbershop quartet to come to the office and serenade him. I have never seen a guy blush so fiercely. I don't think he appreciated it, but we sure did.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

+ Reply to Thread