+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any bad experience in online shopping? auction?

lol_its_fun

Any bad experience in online shopping? auction?

Just curious if any of you have any bad experience when it comes to online shopping or auction. I have two bad experiences.
    The first one is when I was on this auction stie biding for a tripod, this guy bit my offer every time when I offered a higher price. And then next morning after the auction ended, someone sent me an email and said he just bought a tripod but didn't know how to use it, then he asked if I wanted to buy it. The tripod is exactly the same one that I tried to bid, and of course I told the auction site everything.
    The second one is when I bought a used movie from an independent sellers through the biggest bookstore website. I checked the guy rating before I decided to buy the movie, and according to the record, he has sold over one hundred movies with only like two to three complains, which means he is suppoosed to be very reliable. Then I bought the movie, wait four weeks, nothing happened. I emailed him, and he asked me to be patient. Two weeks later, I told the bookstore Admin, and sent a message to the seller asking for refund. But guess what ..he just ignored me. I sent a couple more emails, and heard nothing..At the end, I lost $15. And this bookstore site told me there is not much they could do.
    The moral of the story: I try no to buy things online especially when it comes to expensive items. :nono

I have a policy about buying things online. I never do it. Ever.

Basically, it's unnecesary, and I just don't want to put my credit card number out there.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    picked up a few things on line, and even had good luck on Ebay. so no bad news here, sorry to see you had a rotton time of it.

I've bought tons of things on eBay and never had a bad experience. The most expensive item I bought was a set of speakers. Or maybe it was a piece of limited edition artwork. Can't remember which one was more expensive. Anyway, I had no trouble at all with either of them, nor did I have any problems with any of the other stuff I've bought.

Wow, my story is boring. Sorry.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I bought hockey tix online from Ticketmaster. Apart from the LRT station being on the opposite fucking side of Skyreach to the will-call window, it was all good.

I loved getting directions there. "Walk that way until you pass the Wayne Gretzky statue. If you see the Stanley Cup billboard you've gone too far. But don't stop at the Stanley Cup ring billboard. That comes before Gretzky."

Leo
    Premium Member
    I don't do it very frequently - I mainly buy books and such that I can't find locally. My only complaint has little to do with Amazon (where I do all my buying) and more to do with the postal service. My orders take something like two months to arrive.

FORT Fogey
    I buy stuff all the time from amazon and E-bay,, I did practically all my chistmas shopping online, all my travel ,, I got fantastic , I mean FANTASTIC prices for our last vacation by shopping around on line and letting the different sites work for me. I have bought things on E_Bay from as far as Japan and had no problems. Everything I have bought has been just as described and arrived w/in 2days insured. I LOVE shopping on line, I pay all my bills on line. Love it, love it! I think I even got my last car online, I let a couple of dealerships duke it out for my business they were all w/in an area I was willing to go fly to see someone and drive back so it was fun one in KY one in Dallas one local and one in K city.. I got a heck of a price !

I hope all you Amazon people will click on the FORT banner and buy through the site

I buy online all the time.
    Clothing, furniture and work supplies.
    I've never had any problems.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I only buy on-line once in a while. But I've never really had a problem at all. Once I bought a playstation through eBay, and it didn't work when it arrived, but I went on-line and found out what was wrong. Took the cover off, fixed it up, and it worked.

My aunt is an eBay junkie, and she's never had a problem either. The biggest item I know that they've sold is a 2-seater hovercraft, for around $1500. Not sure what the biggest item they bought was, but as my uncle is currently re-building a plane, I know they buy a lot of plane parts.

I buy off ebay occasionally, never really had a bad experience other then a couple rude sellers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast