+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why won't Norton work??!!

Why won't Norton work??!!

I bought the new 2005 version of Norton antivirus a few weeks ago, and it still won't download or install virus definition updates that it finds. Does ANYONE out there know what setting on my computer I might adjust or change..in order for the live update to work? I can only tell if there's updates by manually checking to see....there they are, but it won't download/install.
    I have it set to tell me automatically that there's updates..and it doesn't work. Anyone else have this problem..ever? Thanks for any help.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

I have an older version of NAV and it wouldn't update either. Eventually I went to the Symantec website and downloaded the newer version of LiveUpdate and that fixed it. You may also need to adjust the LiveUpdate settings, for internet or network, and tell it if you need to use proxy settings.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

Thanks, brusch..Im not sure where to go to make those setting changes...network or internet. Can you tell me where? Thanks.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

On the Liveupdate window there is an "options" menu which allows you to change the settings. It should also be in your Control Panel.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

+ Reply to Thread