+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Age difference....

I am another one who has a younger spouse. I am 5 and a half years older than my husband!
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

I'm 5 1/2 years younger then my husband (who will soon be my ex husband) We met when I was 19 and he was 25.

One thing I have noticed is that he started off viewing me as a great deal younger and always in need of advice and 20 plus years later, he is still following that thought in talking to me.

Wondering what a younger guy could do for me?
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Quote Originally Posted by nlmcp
    Wondering what a younger guy could do for me?
    Unfortunately, nlmcp, this is a GP-rated board and there isn't an emoticon that I can use to supply the answer!
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

My honey bunny is 8 years, 11 months and 1 day older than me. We met when I was 31 and he was 40.

It took 6 months for us to start dating, and then another six months to get engaged and another 6 months for us to get married.

When you meet the right one, you meet the right one. We've been married for 2 years 3 months and 11 days (yes I like to be precise, but I am NOT an accountant)

My husband is 7 months older than I am and we met when we were 16 and got married when we were 18. Too young, I know that now, but it seems to have worked out. We'll celebrate our 27th anniversary in June. I can't imagine my life without him in it.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

My hubby is 10 years and 2 months younger than me. We met in a nightclub - he was a D.J. and I was a bartender. He had just turned 19 and was producing an album that went nowhere and I was 30 with 2 kids, going to school full time. We were friends for several years (I even bought beer for him and his underage girlfriend :nono), and I always thought he was gorgeous in a big-hair 80's rock-star kind of way, but I would never date (read sleep) with him. I guess guys really like a challenge because he chased me for years. We lost track of each other for a couple of years, and when we met again he told me he was 27. Because I'm a duh I didn't remember that we were 10 years apart in age and I was 35! Anyway, we've been together for 12 years and married for four .
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

My hubby is 20 years and 3 days older than I. We're 39 and 59.
    We met when we were 34 and 54 and got married at 35 and 55.

This is my first marriage, and I'm still happy to have finally met a mature man!
    And had you told me before I met him that I'd be the 5th wife of a man that age, I'd have laughed until I passed out.
    Now I wouldn't recommend that age difference to someone really young, but by the time I'd met him, I'd done my share of shopping around and was ready for him.

My sister, on the other hand, got married last year at 35 to a man who just turned 30, so the brothers-in-law are 29 years apart and don't have much in common. Her hubby gets along great with my 23 year old step-son, however.
    One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity

CurvesForum

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit
    My husband is 7 months older than I am and we met when we were 16 and got married when we were 18. Too young, I know that now, but it seems to have worked out. We'll celebrate our 27th anniversary in June. I can't imagine my life without him in it.
    That is so amazing and wonderful! Congratulations to you.

I'm 5 years older than the ex. We got married at 18/23. 2 kids and 8 years later we divorced. It was much too young for her as she hadn't sown all her wild oats yet. I've managed to sew a few more myself since.

Unk I'm thinking that that last oat was the wildest one of all, right?
    I really believe that age is just a number anyway. I have friends of all ages and never even think of the difference. I dated guys of several ages too.
    Dinahann, you and your husband look the same age. Young that is.

+ Reply to Thread