+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Age difference....

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    I love hearing about all of these long marriages. My grandparents just celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary. They got married when they were 17!!! imagine that?? *shiver*
    Hey Duxxy, my parents have been married 54 years. My mother had just turned 16, and my father was 25! He proposed when she was 15, but they waited until her birthday to go public. Their parents rushed ahead with the wedding plans because everyone assumed she was pregnant, but they were afraid to ask (she wasn't).

Quote Originally Posted by Texicana
    Lots of older women with younger spouses chiming in

*hides her nephews from Ajane*
    Better hide your nieces, too, Tex!

My history is ALL over the place.

Husband #1: I was 18 and he was 38; we were married 13 years.

Husband #2: I was 33 and he was 21; we were married 12 years.

Sweetheart NOW (Bush won't allow us to marry!):

I was 50 and she was 22; we've been together 2 years now.

Kinsey would have a field day with me!
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

I'm 31, he is 35.

When we met...well ... when we met computer to computer, I was 22 and he was 26, when we met face to face I was 24 and he was 29 (We married right after so we're coming up on our 7th anniversary ... it delights me to rub it in everyone's faces who has been waiting for our relationship to fail due to the way we met :-)) lol (I think some are still waiting for us to go wrong, but I think it's time for them to focus on their own lives :-)) lol.
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

Going with the trends of older/younger....

I'm not married, but I did have a relationship with a 39 year old when I was 21. *thanks for everything Mrs. Robinson*
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

I'm not married either, but my sweetie is 2 years younger than I am; I got him when he was 30, and I was 32, about 12 years ago. I've never moved him in with me though!

My parent's 50th anniversary will be this summer. They still snuggle on the sofa and go to sleep, and I think that's pretty cool.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Hubby #1 - I was 19 and he was 20 when we married . . . we met in college. We were married for 15 years before he decided that he preferred guys . . . and, well, that became a very big problem in the marriage!

Hubby #2 - I met him in a Divorce Recovery group at my church. I'm 40 and he just turned 36 a couple of weeks ago . . . and he is simply delicious! We just celebrated our 5th anniversary on New Year's Eve.

Tigrazhia, I'm with you in rubbing it in everyone's face - but not for the same reason. For my hubby and I, this was the first relationship for both of us after our respective divorces, and our relationship went VERY quickly . . .we met and were married within five months. Everyone said it wouldn't last, that we moved way too fast, and that we needed to get out there and experience "more" before getting serious with anyone. Who needs to experience "more" when you have already found the best? To me, that would be like having a fine wine, but choosing instead to drink various concoctions of sewer water - just to come to the conlusion that you liked the wine the best in the first place - but you threw it out because everyone said you should. Make sense?

Anyway . . . I am blissfully happy, and glad that I didn't listen to all of the naysayers!
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by queenb
    My parent's 50th anniversary will be this summer. They still snuggle on the sofa and go to sleep, and I think that's pretty cool.
    That is so sweet. I don't know how old my parents were when they met but when they got married my mom was 21 and my dad was 25.. in March they will be married 54 years.

my wife is 13 years older than me.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Wow, impressive queenb and Marley! That's wonderful you have such good examples right in front of you. One of the nicest compliments we ever got from our daughter was when she thanked us for showing her what a good marriage looked like. I think we've been successful with our marriage because we had both been married before, and knew what we didn't want. That, and the fact that we married when we were older, 30 & 31, helped...and then of course there's that mysterious thing called 'chemistry'.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

The biggest age difference in any dating relationship I've ever had was when I was 22 and dated a guy who was 35. Let's just say THAT was an eye-opener.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

+ Reply to Thread