+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: Age difference....

Quote Originally Posted by lildago View Post
    I'm only a month and 10 days older than my husband. But I swear some days, I have another child living in my house!

I'm currently dating someone 3 years older than me... and I couldn't be happier. I've always dated older guys, never younger! I don't have time to deal with the immaturity.

I've dated someone 9 years older than me... that was weird, but the age didn't even affect us. It just made for good jokes.

"When you were graduating high school... I was learning cursive"

Quote Originally Posted by Callie View Post

I've always dated older guys, never younger! I don't have time to deal with the immaturity.
    That's funny because most of the older guys act like they're 100, it's the younger guys that usually bring life back into your life once you hit the middle ages. But my hubby was different, 20 years different to be exact.

FORT Newbie
    My wife is 5 years younger than I. I usually date older women. She was one of the few exceptions.

My fiancÚ is four years older than I am. It's such a small age difference that I hardly ever think of him as an "older man", although I suppose technically he is. We share the same popcultural references (childhood TV shows, favourite rock bands and so on), are accustomed to a similar life style and very much feel like part of the same generation, so the small age gap never shows. Besides, aren't boys supposed to mature three years later than girls? If that's true, it's just a measly one-year age difference.

Before I met my fiancÚ, I mainly dated older guys. It's not that I discriminated against younger men; I just felt that I had more in common with guys in their late twenties, early thirties than guys barely out of their teens. I've always been told I'm mature for my age, although I'm now getting to the point when I start craving compliments of the "You don't look a day over 19" variety. When I was 18, I briefly dated a 27-year-old, and I did feel the age difference, mostly because our popcultural references and childhood memories of what it's like growing up in a particular era were so obviously different from each other. He was standing in the front row of rock concerts back when I was still playing with dolls. In our case, the age difference worked against us, but in all honesty, I think it was due to me not being ready to commit to a relationship at all, be it with a 27-year-old, 40-year-old or 17-year-old. Provided that you have a grasp of who you are and feel happy in your own skin, I don't see why even a radical age difference would be an issue at all.

Bottom line is, I really don't have an opinion on age difference in relationships. People have the right to be with who they love, regardless of age, race, or gender.
    Last edited by geek the girl; 04-17-2006 at 11:33 AM.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

I don't have a significant other at the moment, but my ex was 2 1/2 years older than I am. I don't think that age really plays much of an issue if you're both willing to be equal partners in the relationship.

Buffy: What is this?
    Willow: A doodle. I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too. ("Gingerbread")

Xander: Damn it! You know what? I'm sick of this crap. I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis. As of this moment, it's over. I'm finished being everybody's butt monkey! ("Buffy vs. Dracula")

I dated a man two years older than me on and off for 7 years followed by a year and a half with two different men both 8 years younger. Then I married someone 5 years older. I really had fun with the young ones but they made me feel old and brouhg out my maternal side. And the longing for something more stable and serious. My old man is established, settled, mature, fun and funny. I've always been responsible and older than my years (in behavior not looks !) and he really fits with me. We have a wonderful life together.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112