+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Age difference....

I am 2 and a half months older than my husband. I was just 19 and he was a baby of 18 when we met That was in 1999
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

THere is a 3 year difference - I am older than my b/f. He calls me an old crow - but lovingly of course. He looks about 10 years older than he is though! And I look younger than my age as well so it balances out!

I'm only a month and 10 days older than my husband. But I swear some days, I have another child living in my house!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by lildago View Post
    I'm only a month and 10 days older than my husband. But I swear some days, I have another child living in my house!
    Isn't that the truth! My husband is 9 months older than me. No noticeable difference really. I play tennis with a woman whose husband must be 25 years older and they are so cute together. I truly believe he is young at heart and she helps keep him there. But then, why do Tom Cruise and his young knocked up Katie make me so sick?

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    The guy I am with now is 14 years older than me....I'm (about to be) 40 and he's (about to be) 54. We met when I was 33 and he was 47...we were both divorced....he has 4 kids (at that time) ranging in age from 10-21 and a grandchild who was 2....I had a 6 year old.....I had been "officially" divorced for only 4 months (but had been separated for 2 years).....Age has created some issues in our relationship in that I'm a little more liberal and open and he's a little more conservative and reserved and I would have liked to have had another child but he had been "neutered" so that kind of nipped that in the bud (pardon the pun!!) He indulges my obsession (somewhat) with reality shows and I let him lose his mind over Alabama football and tennis. His beliefs in some things do not coincide with what I believe in but for some reason, right now, it seems to work....do I think we'll be together till the end of time? Who knows but he's good to me and we get along really well and that's working for us right now.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by lildago View Post
    Ug! I am always grouching about that!
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

There is a seven year age difference between me and my boyfriend. I was only twenty when we met and some of my friends wondered what my parents would say. But there is a seven year difference between them as well so they had nothing on me.

I guess I was ahead of my time because all my boyfriends (not that many really) were younger than me. The most age difference was 7 yrs. They seemed more mature than their age at the time. My current sweetie is actually 2 yrs older. A first for me. It's working out nicely. Thank you.

I've known couples with 10+years difference either way and they are very happy. I guess it depends on the compatibility of the two people involved. Whatever floats your boat!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I replied to this thread a long time ago, but I never actually answered the question.

My significant other is almost two years older than me. However, there are times when he seems much older.

I'm 25 and my husband is 45, so there's quite a 20 year diffrence there, lol. We've been married for 6 years now and we've got a 9 month old, but if you'd of told me I'd be with someone 20 years older than me, I'd of laughed you out of my prescence.

Oh how things change.

+ Reply to Thread