+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Age difference....

Quote Originally Posted by Igotalife
    I've been "taking a walk on the wild side" and am trying to overcome my hang up of dating a younger guy (upthread, I've only dated older guys)...a year or two younger than me... no problem... but now I have a guy that is almost 9 years younger than me that is interested in going out and I find myself alternating between and and I just can't get brave enough to do it....so my question for all of you veteran "older women/younger man" couples....did the thought ever run through your head of: 1) what could this guy possibly want with me? and/or 2) did you ever because you felt a little naughty or something?

Did you ever "feel" the age difference???
    Give it a shot, Igotalife! I don't think age matters (in either case older/younger) as long as you share the same interests, mentality, life view or philosophy.

For the record my husband is 10 years older than I am, and the only time I feel the age difference is when he sings jingles for commercials I've never heard (funny, but true!). People closer to his age will instantly get it, and I won't. (Most of the time, even though I'm younger, I'm the one that acts the most mature. )

Previously, I've also been with persons younger than myself and, again, that posed no problem as what we had in common far outweighed the difference in years.

So don't let some little number get in the way of a great experience, Igotalife, and give the guy a chance. You just might be surprised and delighted by the outcome. Good luck to you in life and love!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Igotalife
    I've been "taking a walk on the wild side" and am trying to overcome my hang up of dating a younger guy (upthread, I've only dated older guys)...a year or two younger than me... no problem... but now I have a guy that is almost 9 years younger than me that is interested in going out and I find myself alternating between and and I just can't get brave enough to do it....so my question for all of you veteran "older women/younger man" couples....did the thought ever run through your head of: 1) what could this guy possibly want with me? and/or 2) did you ever because you felt a little naughty or something?

Did you ever "feel" the age difference???
    1) God, yes.
    2) God, yes.

But only at first... now, after nearly 8 years together, not at all. When my hubby and I met, he had JUST turned 23, and I was a divorcee pushing 30. I asked him how old he was on our first date, and I admit I was freaked out enough to think that was going to be our last date. However, my hubby was probably a little more mature than a lot of 23-year-olds...he had finished his secondary education, been at the same job for nearly four years, and owned his own house - all that helped make it not seem too weird.

I'll tell you one thing that was very awkward at the beginning and that has never fully resolved itself - his friends' girlfriends and wives are ALL younger than their partners and therefore, a LOT younger than me, and I never clicked with them (they're not the friendliest bunch you'll meet). However, we don't socialize with them very often so it's no big deal - also, the women are now getting older and having kids, so when we do meet up at least we have baby talk to fill in the awkward silences.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I'm 25 and he is 35... we met 2 years ago. 10 years difference makes no difference... we're in love... *dreamy sigh*
    Huh? Oh, you talkin' to me? Sorry, I didn't hear you.

meu
    My husband is 23 years older than I am. Until recently, it was never an issue. When people get older things change a lot so it's more noticeable. I still would do it all over again though. He's the best!!
    https://www2.xlibris.com/bookstore/bookdisplay.asp?bookid=27335

My husband is only two years older than me, so no biggie. We jive real well.

The biggest age difference I experienced when dating was with a guy who was 19 years older than me. It was actually a pretty good relationship, but it had to end because he didn't want any more children, and I wanted to be a mother someday - but not a stepmom only.

I preferred dating older men. I had dated guys younger than me, but they got on my nerves real quick. I just couldn't tolerate the immaturity. They were fine for a fling, but not a long-term thing. Of course, different strokes for different folks.

I dont have a husband, because I am only 13. But I DO have a boyfriend. I am in 8th grade and he is in 9th grade. I am almost 14, and he is almost 16. So it is just about 2 years difference. No biggie.

im 17 but everyone considers me 18 and my boytoy is 27 but it's kinda like were friends cuz i date other people but just first dates and then we are back on so my boytoy is 10 years older but i make all the shots tough

I am 29 and he is 25, he was a freshman when I was a senior at the same high school, we didn't really know each other in HS, but we re-met later in life and we were married a year and a half ago....

FORT Newbie

Well I am 26 will be 27 in July My Husband is 42 will be 43 in July so there is a 15 year 11 month difference.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    I'm 37 (just turned in January) and hubby will be 40 in June.

I was 22 when we met

together 5 years when we got married, and this year we'll be married 10 years

ETA: OOPS...didn't realize I answered this thread already.....I was younger when I answered it. LOL

+ Reply to Thread