+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Super Bowl Plans?

Well, since I really don't care about the Bucs OR the Raiders, I'll be rooting for the Bucs ('cause, you know, they're my fave site admin's team And Jodaar thinks they need it anyway. )

I live in a suite style dorm that has a big living room when you first come in. None of my 'suiite-mates' like football at all, so they won't be around. All my football-fan friends will be over here. (Hehe, most of them are male. )

Paulie, if you start rooting for the Raiders, then Wayner will have to finish up the CMH recaps for you

Just kidding, they might need the support after the Bucs get done pounding them down the field time after time.

I watch the Super Bowl every year, even if I don't like the teams, for the commercials at least. And usually the halftime show is awesome, but this year's gonna suck.

Originally posted by John
    I watch the Super Bowl every year, even if I don't like the teams, for the commercials at least. And usually the halftime show is awesome, but this year's gonna suck.
    Why? Who's performing?

Shawhina.

O K Never heard of he/she/it.
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

SuperBowl? What's that? Okay, I have to admit I used to watch football when the Cowboys were a great team (a long time ago). Kind of lost interest in football when Jimmy Johnson was fired and Da' Boys started going down hill. Damn that Jerry to hell!!!

Shania Twain, Zhora. Sorry, letting my dislike show through again.

Yes, the Dixie Chicks are singing the National Anthem, and Shania Twain will be performing at halftime. Woo... (where's that finger twirling in the air smiley when I need it?)

I'm with Wolf. Football used to be fun when we were winning Super Bowls. ('Specially when we were kicking Cowboy butt!) But now the thrill is gone pretty much. I was amazed we got as far as we did this year.

So, this one's for you John.

The Quarterback

The Coach had put together the perfect team for the Oakland Raiders. The only thing that was missing was a good quarterback. He had scouted all the colleges, and even the high schools, but he couldn't find a ringer quarterback who could ensure a Super Bowl win.

Then one night, while watching CNN, he saw a war-zone scene in Afghanistan. In one corner of the background, he spotted a young Afghani soldier with a truly incredible arm. He threw a hand grenade straight into a 3rd-story window 200 yards away, ka-boom! He threw another hand grenade into a group of 10 soldiers 100 yards away, ka-blooey! Then a car passed, going 90 mph, bulls-eye!

"I've got to get this guy!" Coach said to himself. "He has the perfect arm!" So he brings him to the States and teaches him the great game of football, and the Raiders go on to win the Super Bowl.

The young Afghani is hailed as the Great Hero of football, and when Coach asks him what he wants, all the young man wants to do is to call his mother. "Mom," he says into the phone, "I just won the Super Bowl!"

"I don't want to talk to you," the old woman says. "You deserted us. You are not my son."

"I don't think you understand, Mother!" the young man pleads. "I just won the greatest sporting event in the world. I'm here among thousands of my adoring fans."

"No, let me tell you," his mother retorts. "At this very moment, there are gunshots all around us. The neighborhood is a pile of rubble. Your two brothers were beaten within an inch of their lives last week, and this week your sister was raped in broad daylight."

The old lady pauses, and then tearfully says, "..I'll never forgive you for making us move to Oakland."

Hee, hee, hee. We don't like the Oakland Traitors over here!
    Go Bucs!
    You can't have everything....where would you put it?

LG.
    We'll be watching it on our superbig tv in our basement and the game is broadcast in High Definition digital so Mr. LG probably won't even take a break to pee. We always watch the superbowl, no matter who is playing, and this year we'll be rooting "Go Bucs" or "Go Red Vikings" as my daughter seems to think that all football players are Vikings, just dressed in different colors. The turkey chili will be cooking in the crockpot all day, bread in the breadmaker, so it will take 0 effort to dish up dinner. Let's just hope that if we're eating during half-time that Shania's singing is so bad that we lose it.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast