+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any Polar Bear Clubbers here?

Any Polar Bear Clubbers here?

It's been big news in New York City and I'm debating going. Just wondering if anyone else is a 'polar bear' or PB curious?

IF you're not familiar - it's where a bunch of people go running wild into the water on New Years when it's normally VERY cold (but this satu, 55 degrees projected temp here)

If you've done - how was it?

Anyone want to plan a FORT polar group? The train leaves 59th street at 9:30 am.

Happy New Years!

It'a a big thing in Vancouver. I did it New Years Day2000, and it was cold but exhilarating, and a great hangover cure. Major shrinkage.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I will watch folks jump in the ice water while I'm fully clothed and hot chocolate in hand. Chance of me diving into water they have to cut a hole in the ice for = zero.

They have a polar bear plunge for charity yearly locally. I always sponsor people , but would never go in.
    Last edited by eny; 12-30-2004 at 11:41 PM.

I did it all three years I lived in Milwaukee. Yowzas that was a cold three years. The last year I did it, all of us made Packer's shirts with the name of our bar on it and we re-enacted the last play of the infamous "Ice Bowl" and made it onto the news. I had a blast, and of course, a little liquid courage helped.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

+ Reply to Thread