+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: New Year's Resolutions

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac View Post
    This year, for a change, I'm going to hire someone to do my New Year's resolution for me -- I'm hiring a professional organizer to come into The Pomeranian Shack next month and help me get my stuff sorted, purged, organized, and filed, once and for all.
    I would love to do this sometime. That's a great idea for a resolution. I want to hire Monk to come straighten out my place.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat View Post
    I would love to do this sometime. That's a great idea for a resolution. I want to hire Monk to come straighten out my place.
    I'm pretty sure Monk would keel over dead from a heart attack if he got a look at my place. I actually haven't made any resolutions yet. This year I am going to try to make one realistic resolution and stick with it.

FORT Fan

This year, for a change, I'm going to hire someone to do my New Year's resolution for me -- I'm hiring a professional organizer to come into The Pomeranian Shack next month and help me get my stuff sorted, purged, organized, and filed, once and for all.

)
    I must be really dumb because I had to read that a few times to get it. I thought you meant you were going to hire someone to do your NYR- like "I'm hiring you do lose weight for me, quit drinking for me, clean my house for me", ect. It actually sounded like a good idea.....

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell View Post
    I must be really dumb because I had to read that a few times to get it. I thought you meant you were going to hire someone to do your NYR- like "I'm hiring you do lose weight for me, quit drinking for me, clean my house for me", ect. It actually sounded like a good idea.....
    No, no, no!!! Please$ don't say that -- you're not dumb at all, stinkerbell!!!

I wrote it that way on purpose, 'cause this year, my only resolution is to GET COMPLETELY ORGANIZED, once and for all, and so for the first time ever I actually am hiring someone to do my New Year's Resolution for me!

FORT Fan
    No, no, no!!! Please$ don't say that -- you're not dumb at all, stinkerbell!!!

I wrote it that way on purpose, 'cause this year, my only resolution is to GET COMPLETELY ORGANIZED, once and for all, and so for the first time ever I actually am hiring someone to do my New Year's Resolution for me!

Thanks. Actually, I do know what you mean after reading it a few times, but it took me a few tries. It is a great idea and a great NYR! It's just funny to read.

I need to learn how to use and track my money better and how to get better organized while getting my ex's stuff out of here!!!!

My basement is un useable because of all the crud and I want to be able to use it someday for crafts and a work out area.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by nlmcp View Post
    I need to learn how to use and track my money better and how to get better organized while getting my ex's stuff out of here!!!!

My basement is un useable because of all the crud and I want to be able to use it someday for crafts and a work out area.
    Another good reason to keep that basement sorted is because of the potential for things to get destroyed in a flood.

My parents' hot water heater burst on Christmas day and, luckily, nothing was ruined 'cause we'd organized the heck out of their basement several years ago.

If stuff had been on the floor it would have been completely ruined in the 4 inches of water that hit the entire basement.

Quote Originally Posted by femme fatale;1717625;
    Exercise so that I can run in a 10k race in October (Amsterdam, probably)
    Last Sunday I did run my 10 km race in Amsterdam. So I did fulfill my resolution. My time was 1.07.28, which I was not entirely pleased with, but I did have a cold catching on and an inflammation in my legs so I guess it's OK. My next step is to get under an hour (once my legs are OK again) and then I'm gonna try some longer distances.

Quote Originally Posted by femme fatale;2106715;
    Last Sunday I did run my 10 km race in Amsterdam. So I did fulfill my resolution. My time was 1.07.28, which I was not entirely pleased with, but I did have a cold catching on and an inflammation in my legs so I guess it's OK. My next step is to get under an hour (once my legs are OK again) and then I'm gonna try some longer distances.
    Congratulations, femme! That's a great accomplishment, even if it wasn't a resolution! Good for you! I admire the commitment & hard work it takes to run a marathon!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nlmcp;1731395;

Quicken is a very simple and effective way to keep track of your spendings and earnings. It makes pie charts etc. so you can see where you're spending most of your money etc. I highly recommend it!

We put up those really sturdy bakers racks in our basement and store the more important stuff on the top shelves. We've never had flooding, but if we did, it'd have to be a huge arse flood to ruin anything stored at the top (about 10 feet off the ground). They're not expensive and can be purchased at any home improvement store (Home Depot, Lowe's). If you have a label maker (or just want to print something out on your computer), you can label the storage boxes so you know exactly where everything is. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by femme fatale;2106715;
    Last Sunday I did run my 10 km race in Amsterdam.
    Um, I don't think I could run 1 mile in 1 hour! That's amazing! Congrats!

+ Reply to Thread