+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: New Year's Resolutions

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid
    Wow, congrats, Pommy! That's fabulous, you're amazing.

I'm doing great on my resolutions too. I've been able to not only meet them, but surpass them. How, you may ask? Because I didn't make any.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone
    Pom you are my idol. I can't even remember what my New Year's resolution was.

I'll come stand over here with the less-amazing ladies!
    Marley, I don't remember even whether I made any or not!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Hey, it's almost a new year which means that we can make new resolutions. Mine are:
    Exercise so that I can run in a 10k race in October (Amsterdam, probably)
    Be positive and appreciate the small things in life
    Be as happy as possible

Lose weight and this time I mean it!

So far, my resolutions for 2006:

*take advantage of my free gym privileges three times a week
    *travel more
    *learn to play the harmonica
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

1. Drop 25 pounds (via exercise and healthy eating) I say drop because if I lose weight, it might "find" it's way back and I want it gone for good!

2. Manage my money better. (I suck at this!) So - stay away from Sephora.com!

3. Tell my husband and kids EVERY day that I love them.

I MUST learn to be more careful with money. It would be nice to not be broke by the end of each month. This is a tough one, since my philosophy is that money is for spending, not saving.

Last year's New Year's resolution was to lose weight and what do you know, I actually managed to keep that one. (I'm pretty shocked, myself.) So for next year, I hereby resolve to maintain the lifestyle that made me drop the pounds (regular exercise, healthy eating, not too much junk food) to make sure the pounds stay off. I've also been thinking about joining a gym (my exercise routine consists of walking, walking and more walking) but I highly doubt my irrational fear of gyms will disappear over night. Better stick to what you know.

What else? I don't smoke, so that one's not an option. I do drink, but I would never give up my weekend fix of Chardonnay. I probably could - and should - cut back on my caffeine, but that is SO not going to happen. A girl has to have a few vices, and coffee and Chardonnay are pretty harmless. You know, compared to crack cocaine

Ana Bannana and dagwood, good luck with the weight loss! It can be done; the key is not to think of it as a temporary diet but as a lifestyle you'll be comfortable having for the rest of your life. Avoid the quick fixes and think long term, find some form of exercise you enjoy and do indulge in your favourite foods every once in a while - I, personally, find that banning certain foods makes me crave them a thousand times more. PM me if you need some moral support - I've been there!
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

Quote Originally Posted by geek the girl View Post
    Ana Bannana and dagwood, good luck with the weight loss! It can be done; the key is not to think of it as a temporary diet but as a lifestyle you'll be comfortable having for the rest of your life. Avoid the quick fixes and think long term, find some form of exercise you enjoy and do indulge in your favourite foods every once in a while - I, personally, find that banning certain foods makes me crave them a thousand times more. PM me if you need some moral support - I've been there!
    Thanks.

All I can say for my new year's resolution is that I will try to be a better person.
    Stop the world! I want to get off!

Young and thriving, I feel infinite. Need I say more?

I forgot this one:
    *learn to play poker. I don't know how to play card games, and my card shark family wants me to play on the weekends, so I'm taking a crash course in Texas Hold Em.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

This year I have decided to do " Bizarro" resolution.

I will eat everything that is bad for me, I plan a Cinnabon-A-Day diet!
    I will smoke 3 packs of cigarettes and even try an ocassional cuban now and then.
    I will drink Jack Daniels in the morning, Capt Morgan's for lunch and cap my night of with a bottle of Hennesy.
    I will swear at people in public and even at church ( when I start going again)
    I will make sure my fly is down when taking to my kid's teachers at parent conference.
    I will pay my credit card bills on time and not ignore their phone calls.
    I will call you right back!!!
    When my neighbor says "good morning" I will flip her the bird.
    I won't brush my teeath 5 times a day.
    I will make sure my granddaughter is in a 50 pound diaper with cheez its stuck in her nose.
    I won't take the roast out of the freezer to defrost.
    I will burp during a wedding and / or funeral and smile.
    I won't talk about my boss behind his back.
    I will tell someone that I miss being with them and PBK days.
    and last for every person that says Happy Holidays, I will wish them days of darkness and bad will towards all.

That way if I do everything in reverse, they will probably happen.HAPPY HOLIDAYS FORT FANATICS
    In these times of Greatness, what is better than being a Bostonian? Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics (NO. 5anyone?) and I'll even give props to the Black N Gold!!!

+ Reply to Thread