+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: New Year's Resolutions

the quote should say "quit smokin " , but it got deleted out for some reason....hmm..

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar
    One of my New year's resolutions was actually accomplished a week early... pay off all credit cards!! Hooray.... what a relief that was!! now I can get on with my simple resolution for 2005 .. Live life to it's fullest (whatever I decide that will be) And enjoy each day... even the "challenged" ones! I decided if I strive for these goals, then maybe I'll accomplish some of those traditional resolutions I usually make and break (ha!) each year! But if I don't.. no 'biggie'.. lol
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

Mine are
    1. Cut back on sugary foods
    2. Add another yoga class to my weekly gym regime
    3. Practice having more patience with stupid people
    4. Quit calling stupid people stupid (really just stop making fun of people so much...)
    5. Put more effort in to work
    Here comes Avery! April 10, 2006

1. I will NOT cancel my membership at the gym. As soon as I remember how to get there, I'll go every single day.
    2. I will stop using my treadmill as an extra closet (oooh, so that's where that blouse went)! And use it for the purpose for which it was designed, as soon as I remember what that is....
    3. I will find those ankle weights I bought last year (maybe they're under the closet ... ER ... treadmill) and use them for more than paperweights.
    4. I will not sneer at the aerobics instructor and her ultra-perky voice and fat-less body. Rather I will use her as motivation by imagining her squished by an elephant. A big one!
    5. I will get up every morning at 5:00 a.m. to exercise instead of waiting until after work when I inevitably will find a reason not to go to the gym (which I can't remember where it is anyway).
    6. I will NOT eat any more sweets at work, no matter whose birthday it is or how good that chocolate cake looks!
    7. I will cook a healthy dinner each and every night and calculate my calories so I know exactly what I'm eating. I will begin using tofu and making my own rice from scratch.
    8. I will do a hundred crunches a day ... no, TWO hundred!
    9. I will stop consumption of all alcoholic beverages ... as soon as I finish this box of wine.
    10. I will strengthen my relationships by getting my friends/family to exercise with me (as soon as they stop laughing hysterically).
    11. I will immediately disavow all knowledge of the above 10 and will wonder aloud as to who could have written them!

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Broadway!

how about:

12. I will fix up that spare bedroom so JD can stay there while "doing some business" in your area of the country.

Just don't try to get me on that closet, I mean treadmill thingy.

I like Broadway's resolutions....

I am going to exercise at least 3 times a week, pack lunches for work (since i probably spent about 2000 dollars last year on crappy sandwiches at the local deli), travel, stay organized (just got a new pda from staples so now I am all set - just set it up with my info and calendar so I am off to a good start. We'll see how long that lasts!), spend more time with my family, do laundry on a regular basis so it doesn't take over my apartment and do some kind of volunteer work (my sister does the Big Sister program and loves it). i think that's it for now...

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

FORT Fogey
    ***Bumps Thread***

Here we are, halfway through 2005, and I thought it may be interesting to revisit this thread and see how we are doing on our New Year's Resolutions.

Mine were:

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac
    My Resolutions for 2005:

1. resume keeping a food journal -- it really helps me keep my health on track 'cause it forces me to eat good stuff and not skip;

2. meet some financial goals so I can apply to law school;

3. take the LSAT in the spring; and

4. redecorate the apartment.

My update is that I successfully completed numbers 1 and 2, I postponed number 3 to later in the fall, and I'm actively working on number 4.

This is one of my most successful new years ever. It's about time!

How are the rest of you doing?

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    *BUMP*

Alright all you New Year's Resolutioners... fess up, how'd ya do???
    Congratulations Pom!!!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Wow, congrats, Pommy! That's fabulous, you're amazing.

I'm doing great on my resolutions too. I've been able to not only meet them, but surpass them. How, you may ask? Because I didn't make any.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Premium Member
    Pom you are my idol. I can't even remember what my New Year's resolution was.

+ Reply to Thread