+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: New Year's Resolutions

I'm quitting smoking. I've done it before (when I was pregnant). I'm determined to save my health, my money, and not be one of those horrible "reformed smokers".

My former boss told me its easy - you only have to give up one cigarette - the first one of the day
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

Good luck with that, ADK! You can do it! I can't tell you how many times I've quit, only to start up again. But I haven't smoked in quite a while now, and it really does help out on the wallet as well as energy level.

I'm terrible at actually keeping new years resolutions, so I make resolutions that I can actually achieve so I don't feel so down on myself - you know, things like "I resolve to fill my car with gas when it gets close to empty" and "I resolve to take out the garbage when the bag is full" and "I resolve to shower every day." Ah, it feels so good to live up to these expections each year!

Charlie. Those are good ones - even I could handle those ! (Good to see you )
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

Quote Originally Posted by charstar813
    1. Go on a hot air balloon ride.
    2. Update and stay current on my blog.
    3. Make a family tree/scrapbook album.
    4. Try to overcome my fear of balloons and biscuit pop-cans.
    5. TRY to overcome my dislike of my sister-in-law. This may be the hardest one yet.

I thought I was the only person scared of balloons!!! How and when did your fear start? I was o.k. when I was younger and we'd always play stomp the balloons at birthday parties but sometime in the last 15 years I have developed a rather unhealthy aversion to them. So much so that I will RUN from them. I see your av has no problem with 'em.

I don't have any particular resolutions for the New Year. Just keep trying to live a healthy and productive life and to spend more time with my daughter.
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

Quote Originally Posted by ADKLove
    I'm quitting smoking. I've done it before (when I was pregnant). I'm determined to save my health, my money, and not be one of those horrible "reformed smokers".

My former boss told me its easy - you only have to give up one cigarette - the first one of the day
    ADK, good luck sweetie! Just keep telling yourself, "I won't smoke today"....it will help. I quit smoking about 30 years ago, and that's how I did it....that, and sitting on my hands at parties . I also put the money I would have spent on cigarettes into a jar, and at the end of the week, bought myself something with it. That was the best part.

No resolutions for me anymore.....although I think I could handle CharlieBug's. Very clever, Charlie.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

I stopped make resolutions. They never worked. So now I just resolve not to make any more resolutions.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Will don't have any fun. madbanana's Avatar
    Spend more time with my big brother before he graduates

Be more outgoing at school

Resolve conflict between my best friend and i
    peace;
    it does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. it means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart

Good Luck ADKLove! That's a hard one. I'm so glad I never started. I will make the same resolutions: Eat healthy, exercize, lose weight. sigh. I have such good intentions.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp
    Less clutter, more scrapbooking
    Me too! I am SO behind on scrapbooking!!

Do you like FlyLady? She's kind of a life coach, focused on getting rid of your clutter and making routines for yourself to stay on track. It's funny, people either love her or roll their eyes. Not a great deal of middle ground (I kind of loosely follow her suggestions, and I had a sticker on my microwave of her, and my brother more or less gave me a look and said "I don't EVEN want to know what that is..."
    Carly
    Time flies by in photographs, and paper scraps and songs... Read mine...

I'm afraid to even look at the two pages of my scrapbook from my wedding 3 1/2 years ago.
    I always resolve to quit smoking - I also give it up for lent. OK, so I never started because I have no will-power. Sorry.

The last couple of years my resolution has been to make it to the included breakfast with our New Year's package at a historic hotel. Dinner, dancing, drink vouchers, champagne, live music.... and breakfast. One of us has not made it down for the last 2 years. Maybe this year I won't drink so much.

Oh yeah, and seriously - drink more water, food journal, and get on the treadmill on the days I don't go to Curves.
    One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity

CurvesForum

+ Reply to Thread