+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: New Year's Resolutions

Re: New Year's Resolutions

Oh dear, is it that time again? Damn it, I'm going to lose weight this year.
    Count your blessings!

I am going to remember that no matter how bad off I think I am, there are countries where I would be considered rich because of the roof over my head and the food in my cupboards. I am going to try to help others more and not think of myself so much.

That and, dammit, I am going to lose 100 pounds.

I'm going to let go of old grudges. And get back into practicing yoga!
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

I'm going to try and lose all the weight I gained this year from eating badly and being lazy. And, as importantly, I'm going to try to lower my cholesterol. I jumped from 220 in 2006, to 237 in 2007. Neither are good, but when your doctor is talking about putting you on cholesterol meds at age 24.... something must be done.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2736675;
    I don't normally make them, but this year I plan to get more control over some of my health issues, to get myself healthier at least in spirit and do more studying on meditation and the mind/body connection. So I guess that would be I want to get a better attitude for New Year's.
    I don't know if you have ever tried yoga but it helps you with this. I have been doing it for about 2 years and it has helped me physically as well as mentally. It's the only thing that is able to relax my high-strung self.

My resolutions are:
    Lose some weight
    Get in great physical shape (keeping up yoga and weekly workouts)
    Try to make myself a better person (partially working on giving up control of things that I seem to think I need to control)- this will be my biggest challenge
    Keep on top of school

MRD

yardgnome, I have done it in the past and I would like to get back to doing it. My daughter has been doing it to a VHS tape that broke last week, so we'll be looking for another one. But she really loves it and I keep saying I'm going to do it with her, but haven't yet. Maybe that should be on my resolution list.

Someone here is advertising "Hot Yoga". I've never heard of that.

I have been doing Tonglen meditation with Gutmutter once a week. We did miss this week. (Sorry Gut), but its been AMAZING how much that has helped me. She has been a real inspiration to me in the mind/body connection and has given me a lot of great info on it.
    I am determined to feel better and get these health problems under some form of control and not let them control me like they are wont to do.

I like Waywards about letting go of grudges. I have done that before and it is so freeing. I need to do more of it especially in relation to some non-immediate family members.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Once again, as with the past 3 years, I'm resolving not to make any resolutions. Because everytime I try to make resolutions, I can never do it so I'm not making any resolutions. Actually, I will resolve something. To lose my last 39 lbs. I've lost 12 since just before Thanksgiving. My goal is to lose the rest by the time my husband and I go to Nova Scotia in May.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

My short-term resolution is to lose the last set of my weight goal. But, fingers' crossed, that'll be done by the end of February.
    My longer-term goal is just to be happy in my relationships. To let the little things go and to let the relationship with my ex progress naturally without artificially getting back together with him. Which is ultimately what I think we both want.
    Just, essentially to let things go as they may which'll be extremely hard for me!

I feel like we should come up with a FoRT weight loss support group or something like that! There are so many of us trying to lose weight, and sometimes I think it's really nice to have people supporting you in your goal who are trying to accomplish the same thing and can appreciate the difficulties. Good luck with all of your resolutions, everyone, weight-loss or not!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2737073;
    Someone here is advertising "Hot Yoga". I've never heard of that.
    I believe that is called Hatha yoga. It's done in a room with the heat turned up really high. Your muscles get very loose and you are able to do more poses but you also have a higher risk of injuring yourself. During the summer, where we had yoga there was no air conditioning and doing yoga in 90 degree weather got very interesting. I usually felt great afterwards and my muscles were so relaxed but the next couple of days I would be extra sore.

I am a huge fan of yoga and not having a class this past week has been really missed. I am starting a new studio this upcoming week and I can't wait to get back into it. Good luck if you do start it up. My only advice is to stick with it even if it seems really odd at first and you are sore. I still get sore and like I said, I've been doing it for about 2 years. Nothing will beat the excitement you get when you push into a backbend or a headstand for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;2737147;
    I feel like we should come up with a FoRT weight loss support group or something like that! There are so many of us trying to lose weight, and sometimes I think it's really nice to have people supporting you in your goal who are trying to accomplish the same thing and can appreciate the difficulties. Good luck with all of your resolutions, everyone, weight-loss or not!
    The FORT has a Chub Club that has this going on. You can PM John and he will give you access. We have a weight loss tracker and do monthly exercise challenges. There is also lots of other great advice from your fellow FORTers losing weight.

+ Reply to Thread