+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: New Year's Resolutions

I am going to attempt to excersize. Swimming atleast a couple of times a week for an hour each session. I'm already naturally boyant lol. My initial goal is to just loose enough weight to be able to find clothes that actually fit me on a regular basis lol. We'll see how that goes.

Also, the same as I did last year: laugh atleast once each day
    Last edited by SuperBrat; 01-02-2007 at 04:05 PM. Reason: added a resolution
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

Vonna, you are right. I miss my Mom every day. But, it is getting easer, and I think I have hit a turning point. I realized that I had allowed a part of me to die with her and that it was up to me to decide to change how I was looking at life. Instead of letting the depression rule me I have to push thru it. It's such a horrible cycle that I'm tired of being caught up in. It's up to me to move on now, to live like she wanted me too. Oh the lecture I would get if she could be here now. She was so special, and so very alive, she would light up any place she was...like the sun coming out after the rain. I need to keep that part of her alive in me so that it is not lost to the world. With my husband's help I'm going to do my best. I can tell you this much, after I made the decision to change, it was like a weight was lifted...like I didn't have to carry the burden anymore.

Harmoj: What a beautiful resolution. Your mom would be proud of you. Don't forget that there is help for you out there by talking to a grief counsellor or even light medication to help you through the tougher times. You can do it because you want to do it! Live your life, your best life and know your Mom is watching and smiling And your hubby too!
    ------------

I'm going to make my life simpler and more meaningful. I'm not going to waste time and energy I don't have on things, people, or activities I don't like to do. And once the new SPCA gets built on my side of the city, I'm going to volunteer and give love to all the abandoned kitties, puppies and bunnys. Snakes, I'll leave for someone else to handle.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Harmoj...your posts here have brought me to tears...I could actually feel your pain. I am so proud of you for making that first step forward and for actually verbalizing those steps out loud. I think once it has been spoken, then the rest gets a little bit easier as you go along. With your good husband's help and that little angel called "MOM" helping you along the way, you will one day be able to embrace the goodness in life and enjoy your many blessings.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by Harmoj;2192746;
    Vonna, you are right. I miss my Mom every day. But, it is getting easer, and I think I have hit a turning point. I realized that I had allowed a part of me to die with her and that it was up to me to decide to change how I was looking at life. Instead of letting the depression rule me I have to push thru it. It's such a horrible cycle that I'm tired of being caught up in. It's up to me to move on now, to live like she wanted me too. Oh the lecture I would get if she could be here now. She was so special, and so very alive, she would light up any place she was...like the sun coming out after the rain. I need to keep that part of her alive in me so that it is not lost to the world. With my husband's help I'm going to do my best. I can tell you this much, after I made the decision to change, it was like a weight was lifted...like I didn't have to carry the burden anymore.
    You expressed it so beautifully, Harmoj. Your mother sounds like she was a wonderful woman and she certainly blessed you with a legacy you will proudly pass on to your children and their children.
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    My New Year's resolution is 1) to get my weight under control and exercise to become healthier. 2) start worrying about ME for a change. My whole life revolves around everyone else and no one (family members) gives a crap about me and I'm going to make the effort to not let this happen.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Re: New Year's Resolutions

It's almost a new year, do you have any resolutions for next year?

I have one, but it's a major one. I will take more charge over my time; make weekly schedules and try to keep them, one for work and one for free time. It will fit in everything that needs to be done; chores, workout and other things. I'm hoping this will make me do things and stick with them, feeling like I'm in charge.

It will be my New Year's resolution, but the fact that it's for New Years is because I read an article about this a few weeks ago, had I read it in the middle of the year I would've started then.

I will be more diligent about practicing the piano

and I will increase my Curmudgeon Coefficient by at least 10%

I made a resolution years ago to make no resolutions.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

I don't normally make them, but this year I plan to get more control over some of my health issues, to get myself healthier at least in spirit and do more studying on meditation and the mind/body connection. So I guess that would be I want to get a better attitude for New Year's.

And I was going to say I would stop procrastinating, but I may have to put that one off.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread