+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: New Year's Resolutions

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    In case you haven't guessed, I resolved to get more involved in the boards and not lurk so much. That one should be easy. The hard one is to quit . I do that one every year. No luck so far, but there's always hope that it will take.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

I have resolved to get my house cleaned and decluttered. I will pick one room to tackle each weekend until it is done, then we will keep it clean.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2192159;
    I have resolved to get my house cleaned and decluttered. I will pick one room to tackle each weekend until it is done, then we will keep it clean.
    That's a good resolution dagwood. It makes me wish I could do it as well, but I know myself to well, and that resolution would be broken way too soon. I will try to keep our place clean, but I won't make it a resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2192159;
    I need to do that, lol! My apartment is such a mess.

My main resolution is to put myself more into school and getting finished. I have kind of been dragging my feet about finishing college and I need to get on board so I can finally graduate.

I hereby resolve to rid my home of wire hangers. I've long detested them and I think it's about time.
    This is one resolution that I really can't fail at... right?
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;2192612;
    I hereby resolve to rid my home of wire hangers. I've long detested them and I think it's about time.
    This is one resolution that I really can't fail at... right?
    Maybe Faye Dunaway (aka. Joan Crawford) can help you there.

My resolution for this year is to just be happy and try to live in the moment. Since my Mom died, I've been wrapped up in myself and my grief. I've wasted two years hiding in my pain, and I've decided not to do that anymore. Mom would want me to live, not hide away and let life pass me. So, that's what I'm going to try this year. I know it will make my husband really happy, he's missed his wife...even if he doesn't say it.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harmoj;2192634;
    My resolution for this year is to just be happy and try to live in the moment. Since my Mom died, I've been wrapped up in myself and my grief. I've wasted two years hiding in my pain, and I've decided not to do that anymore. Mom would want me to live, not hide away and let life pass me. So, that's what I'm going to try this year. I know it will make my husband really happy, he's missed his wife...even if he doesn't say it.
    What a beautiful resolution.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Last year and this year I began my resolutions in mid-December. It helped me stick to my one for last year and so far, so good, this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmoj;2192634;
    My father meant everything to me. He was a really special individual to me and countless others. He passed away when I was about your age and I grieved so deeply, I didn't feel I'd ever be the same.

You will find that no matter how many years do go by, you will always miss your loved one, but you have now come to a turning point and will soon find that the joy in life will begin to outweigh the pain in your heart and the grief will greatly lessen....and it really will..........You made a great resolution Harmoj
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

+ Reply to Thread