+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: New Year's Resolutions

Quote Originally Posted by femme fatale;2106715;
    Last Sunday I did run my 10 km race in Amsterdam. So I did fulfill my resolution. My time was 1.07.28, which I was not entirely pleased with, but I did have a cold catching on and an inflammation in my legs so I guess it's OK. My next step is to get under an hour (once my legs are OK again) and then I'm gonna try some longer distances.
    ff, that is great! Congratulation on both the 10 km and following through with your resolution. It gives hope to a slacker like me.

FORT Fogey
    femme, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Lois, you sound like a great organizer! Your ideas are wonderful and I'll keep 'em in mind as I finally wrap up a long-term project here at THE DOGHOUSE.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac;2108060;
    Lois, you sound like a great organizer! Your ideas are wonderful and I'll keep 'em in mind as I finally wrap up a long-term project here at THE DOGHOUSE.
    Thanks Pom. I'm a pretty organized person--just my nature, I guess. And I actually think it's fun. I'm one of those people whose shoes are stored away in plastic shoe containers (from the Container Store--LOVE THAT STORE!) with Polaroid photos on the front so I know what's in them. OK, that's pretty Type-A. But I saw it on "House of Style" a million years ago and thought that it was a great idea, esp. since I have a ton of shoes and got tired of trying to find the right pair to wear with the outfit I had on.

Quote Originally Posted by femme fatale;2106715;
    Last Sunday I did run my 10 km race in Amsterdam. So I did fulfill my resolution. My time was 1.07.28, which I was not entirely pleased with, but I did have a cold catching on and an inflammation in my legs so I guess it's OK. My next step is to get under an hour (once my legs are OK again) and then I'm gonna try some longer distances.
    Very cool, femme fatale! Good for you!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

FORT Newbie
    i dont have any resolutions

I saw this thread pulled up and thought, I'm already pissed with all the Christmas stuff in stores before Halloween. Why must I be thinking about New Years? (my least favorite holiday by a landslide). But come to find out people are posting resolutions that they accomplished and that's a different story. Congratulations femmefatale. nlmcp - I also need to get organized. When I got divorced with 3 teenagers living at home, we just moved everything here and stored it in the barn and attic never to be touched again. I need someone brutal to come and toss it all out because when I've tried I find sentimental attachments to things.
    Count your blessings!

MRD
    Gut, that's my least favorite as well. We never do anything, Christmas is over and the let down has begun and well the thought of a whole year ahead kind of depresses me for some reason.

I did have someone help me sort thought some stuff and she was merciless and later there were 1 or 2 things that she made me get rid of that I regret, but for the most part, I did part with a ton of crap.

But I know how you feel. I have an entire tote of my daughters firsts: Christmas dress (complete with shoes, socks and hairbow), her first Easter Dress and accessories, etc. Of course I have her Christening dress, but are the other ones necessesary? Who's going to use them?

My family were pack rats and some of that is a good thing as I do have some nice family heirlooms and for the most part, I use them like the china, but others are only in my china cabinet looking pretty.

I wish I had a basement for storage.

And I never make new year resolutions because I feel too much pressure to try to keep up with them.
    But I congratulate those that do and have done what they set out to do. Way to go!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I've done this the past 3 years. I resolve not to resolve anything! I won't make resolutions anymore because they never work.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

MRD
    Instead of New Year's resolutions, the last few years, we have written down things about the year that we wanted to forget or have gone in the new year or just regrets, etc. Then we light a fire on New Year's Eve and toss those things in the fire and burn away the "old bad stuff" and start the New Year fresh. Or at least try too. It's been kind of a cool thing to do to let go of the past that way.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2143984;
    Instead of New Year's resolutions, the last few years, we have written down things about the year that we wanted to forget or have gone in the new year or just regrets, etc. Then we light a fire on New Year's Eve and toss those things in the fire and burn away the "old bad stuff" and start the New Year fresh. Or at least try too. It's been kind of a cool thing to do to let go of the past that way.
    That's a pretty cool idea. We don't have a fireplace but I can bring the pieces of paper outside in the courtyard and light them with a lighter and just watch them burn away. Another cool thing to do if you want to spend a little more money would be to get some balloons (say a dozen or 1/2 dozen). Write the things down on little sqaures of paper. Put tiny holes in the tops of the papers and string them onto the balloons and tie it off. Then you go outside, stand in a clearing (where there are no trees) and let them go.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

+ Reply to Thread