+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are you working this Christmas?

Are you working this Christmas?

I always appreciate my job because I get great holidays, 2 weeks this Christmas, but there are people you we all need who work every Christmas. As well as hospital staff and the emergency services there are people like my cousin who gives up part of her Christmas to work as a volunteer in a Woman's aid shelter. I'm sure we all really appreciate those who give of their time to help others either as part of their job or voluntarily. Merry Christmas to you all!
    Act your age, not your shoe size!

I am not working Christmas, but I am working Christmas Eve. Ha! Talk about bankers hours, huh? No such thing anymore.
    There is nothing greater than a true friend.

I work in a 24X7 environment, but luckily, Christmas hasn't fallen on my scheduled days.

I work in an assisted living home, and after working overnights the past year, I just got switched to second shift, M-F... but I requested to work 12/24 from 9 PM until 12/25 5 AM... holiday pay, I still help out and work a shift, AND I get to put my kids to bed Christmas eve and be there when they wake up Christmas day. :santasmil
    TRUTH, BOREDOM, HUMOR
    "It is always the best policy to speak the truth, unless, of course, you are an exceptionally good liar."
    -Jerome K. Jerome

I am very lucky - I left work early today at 3 pm and don't have to go back until Monday, January 3 because our office closes. Nice!

I'm not working over the holidays this year but 5 years ago I was working the front desk at a hotel and the supervisor was a little unfair. I had to work Christmas Eve 4-midnight, Christmas day 8-8 and Boxing Day 4-midnight. I didn't get one Christmas meal that year. I was so upset I actually cried. I hold a grudge against the woman 'til this day.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I won't be working Christmas but I will be working New Years Eve.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Nope. Since both holidays fall on Saturday we get both Fridays off. Gotta love my office job.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I'll be in my normal spot behind the counter waiting on customers Christmas Eve (till 8pm) and then again on Christmas day (6am-3pm). Ho ho ho! Atleast I have almost all of my employees that volunteered to work with me this year....Christmas itself is a volunteer only shift in my store (with the exception of the managers who are expected to ATLEAST make an appearance for a few hours). Last year there was just one other person with me and it was HORRIBLY busy, so hopefully this year will be much better.

I've closed my office for Friday and Monday for Christmas and again for Friday and Monday for New Year's. My staff love it. 4 paid holidays in a little over a week.

toothdoc

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast