+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shopping Styles

Shopping Styles

For years I put myself in the long lines at Christmas, waiting while the person in front of me unloads three carts of presents. One year while I was laid up with back surgery and couldn't get out I thought I would give QVC or HSN a whirl. I am now an avid online, tv, or catalog shopper.

After Christmas each year I start for the next. I look for deals and specials, like no shipping and handling and if I find that perfect gift, I just pick up the phone and there it is, at my door step! Heck, this year I even ordered our Christmas ham on QVC! Besides the ease of it all it not only prevents the huge Christmas check book crisis, but you get gifts that are really quite unique!

What are your preferences when it comes to shopping? Do you like the crowds and the music and the atmoshere of Christmas shopping, or do you just want to find the easiest yet classy way to go? I always end up giving some pretty darn classy gifts!
    There is nothing greater than a true friend.

We get so many catalogs before Christmas, my kids always find things they want and it is easy to pick up the phone and order. I do some generic shopping at the local Walmart and make some gifts, but mainly mail order. I can't stand malls at holidays which is why I'm so not looking forward to taking my son tomorrow.
    Count your blessings!

Gutmutter, I feel like I'm stalking you. I feel for you, though, going to the mall tomorrow. Yikes. I absolutely HATE shopping, any time of year. It's not something I do, unless I need something in particular, or know exactly which store to go to. Ugh.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Department stores. Malls. But only when held at gunpoint. Online? Never. I'm a luddite. I employ a goal-oriented and divide-and-conquer strategy.

I shoppa lika man.

Eeek! It's rosekid! My son hasn't done any Christmas shopping yet (typical boy) so it will be a trial of patience.
    Count your blessings!

Crowds + mall + Christmas = sleepysluggo staying far, far away

I did most of my shopping last week, in one store that was nowhere near a mall. I live near a mall and I saw the traffic today: you couldn't pay me to go there the next two days.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    Eeek! It's rosekid!
    Good one.....
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar
    If I could afford to shop solely by catalog, I would. I hate fighting the holiday crowd at the mall. I don't really like going to the mall even when it's not holiday time. I usually pick a store that has lots of interesting goodies and buy a variety of items. When I get home, I decide who gets what. Sometimes I have specific gifts in mind for specific people so I'll go to a certain store just for that. I'd rather get people a lot of smaller items instead of one big item.

I don't mind "normal" crowds too much when doing Christmas shopping as long as I'm not with the kids. I wouldn't go this week or anything, that's too last minute and way over crowded that I propably would end up hurting someone. I like the first 2 weeks in December to go shopping

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    I like shopping in stores/malls....even the crowds don't bother me...but usually I try to stay away from the mall the last week before Christmas....too much of a madhouse, and finding a parking space is a nightmare! :phhht

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast