+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shopping Styles

Hmmm...this might sound really odd, but I don't really mind the crowds that much. I enjoy going shopping the day after Thanksgiving (traditionally the first day of the shopping season). In fact on the day after Thanksgiving, I wake up somewhat early to make sure I get there by the time the stores open.

Tomorrow is Christmas Eve, and I am going downtown (SF) to finish my Christmas shopping. Yeah, so I guess I don't really mind large crowds at all.

Usually I shop all over the calendar. This year I was too busy moving to do that. For all the kids gifts I went to walmart last friday. I got everything they wanted and a couple extra things for under $100 and in 45 mins flat. Had left over wrapping paper from last year-$0. The look on their faces when they see Santa actually brought the rotten tykes something-Priceless!

Tomorrow I am going to my moms with a load of laundry(our washer and dryer are at the old place) and sneaking to the stores so hubby will not have a clue. We are not supposed to be getting anything for each other since the house is so new and I got DSL for us both for Christmas.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

I have officially made it the entire season without setting foot in the mall Guess it doesn't hurt to live in the land of strip malls either, cause with all of them you can find pretty much everything without having to head to the "mall proper". I found that even shopping last minute this week, but early on weekday mornings, was absolutely great! Within a 2 hour span that includes travel time, I went to WalMart, Target, Best Buy, and Borders and finished everything up (and then some cause I kept buying myself things along the way ).

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by feif
    I got DSL for us both for Christmas.
    excellent choice !

I did half online, and half in the malls. Just last week I noticed the most wonderful thing ever. E-bay gift cards . How great would that be to give or get? I usually try and finish the first few weeks of Christmas too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123