+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shopping Styles

Premium Member
    I do a lot of my shopping online. I like to go to the mall or other stores but only during the week when it's not as crowded. Never on a weekend or during the last week before Christmas

It's better if I avoid the stores because I'm too much of a browser and end up buying crap that I don't need.

I did most of my shopping online this year, more specifically ebay ... I find so much nice & original stuff on there and I felt that I was really able to find something for everyone that was personal & well thought out this year.... As opposed to when I go to the crowded malls & shops, because when I do that, my primary goal is to get out of there as fast as possible, which doesn't leave much room for "thoughtful" gifts .... lol ....

I usually take a trip or two to the mall anyway to soak up the christmas atmosphere, but since I've already done my mainshare of christmas shopping by the time I visit the malls, I can REALLY enjoy the atmosphere without having to participate in the lining up for hours & pondering my chances of getting trampled to death
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

I usually love going shopping in the malls and such, but not this time of year. I did a good bit of my shopping online this year...can't beat having it delivered to your door!
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

I've done nearly all my Christmas present shopping online and the final gift has just arrived. Hassle free and even though I had to pay for some deliveries it was cancelled out by the car park charges I would have had to pay!
    Act your age, not your shoe size!

I love shopping online.
    I even do my grocery shopping online sometimes.

I'm going out today...snowstorm and all. It's not just shopping - it's an adventure. I like being sickenly sweet to all the jerks. Wishing Merry Christmas to all the stressed out people is a blast. Plus the sales clerks like having someone be nice to them on a day like today. Merry Christmas all! :santawave

Quote Originally Posted by Belfastgirl
    I've done nearly all my Christmas present shopping online and the final gift has just arrived. Hassle free and even though I had to pay for some deliveries it was cancelled out by the car park charges I would have had to pay!
    You are my hero! Someone else who thinks like me! It's worth a couple extra bucks to pay for "no hassel" shopping!
    There is nothing greater than a true friend.

JR.
    I've done all my shopping online for the past few years, and not just for Christmas. I don't have to deal with long lines, or stupid people, and I can find everything I want without having to go to 7 different stores because the others were sold out. I also find that things are cheaper.

I normally like going to places with a lot of people, but not shopping at malls. I don't want anyone competing with me for the last on sale item that I've been drooling over for months! Yeah right!

I only buy my textbooks for school online because including shipping, it saves me so much money and the quality is great too for used books. Not to mention I don't have to carry 20-30 books from the bookstore to the parking lot (located miles away) on the first day of class either.

The nearest "mall" (at least by my New Jersey "there's a mall on every corner" snobby standards) is an hour away in Portland, and I never miss a mall at Christmas. Yuck.
    Wally World is 1/2 hour away (in three directions.... why can't they build a Wal-Mart where I am?) so I went there three months ago, loaded up the lay-away, and basically used Wally's stock room as the ultimate "Now you can't find where the presents are hidden, knee nibbler!" spot.
    Went in last Thursday at 11 PM to pick it all up, brought everything to work at midnight, and wrapped it all up.
    Now even hubby wont know.
    I love shopping online, but I know, acknowledge, and relish being an impulse shopper. Shopping online and filling out pages of forms makes me THINK about what I'm doing.
    No fun in that.
    TRUTH, BOREDOM, HUMOR
    "It is always the best policy to speak the truth, unless, of course, you are an exceptionally good liar."
    -Jerome K. Jerome

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast