+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Viruses, Trojans, and other annoying stuff

Viruses, Trojans, and other annoying stuff

Just wondering, who else is getting bombarded with Viruses and Trojan Horses? Gah....... my computer is really strange. I can't even open up Windows Media Player. Every time I try to, my AVG virus program finds a Trojan called SecondThought. :phhht

So let's all rant our computer problems to the world.
    Favorite Reality Tv Quote Ever:
    "You have to do it. You have to accomplish your dreams." - Charla, The Amazing Race 5

Have a look at this.

Download Ad-aware and its latest definition files.

To catch anything Ad-aware may have missed (although it misses fewer scumware files under the new version), try Spybot.

Finally, if your home page has been "hijacked" (on startup, does not display the home page you stipulated), try CWShredder . (Click on the second link, "Download the standalone.")

Hope that helps. That should solve your problem.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Or just invest in Norton .... :-) We have it on all our systems and it catches everything, haven't had a single virus problem in the time I've been running Norton on our systems. It's worth the extra $$$ to save yourself the headache
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

Quote Originally Posted by Super Goten
    Just wondering, who else is getting bombarded with Viruses and Trojan Horses? Gah....... my computer is really strange. I can't even open up Windows Media Player. Every time I try to, my AVG virus program finds a Trojan called SecondThought. :phhht

So let's all rant our computer problems to the world.

I had that secondthought on my computer also. I use a free antivirus called AntiVir XP. It removed the secondthought for me and has kept my computer clean. Here is the link. http://www.free-av.com/ If it comes up in German, just find the button to switch to English.

PS: I had AVG also and it wouldn't get rid of the secondthought virus, hence the way I found AntiVir XP. I have since removed AVG from my computer.
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

I thought Trojans were to help you keep from getting viruses?

(actually we got hit by one last week. It took over the computer and appears to have sent out tons of e-mails)
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Quote Originally Posted by nlmcp

(actually we got hit by one last week. It took over the computer and appears to have sent out tons of e-mails)
    That was funny. I haven't had computer problems in a while *knock on wood* We usually have the computer tech at my husband's work check it occasionaly. (cuz Phat lives too far )

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Quote Originally Posted by nlmcp
    You crack me up...I came in here to post something along the same lines....you beat me to it.

I would echo the Norton security-I have it at home along with a SpyWare program....it catches a NetBus trojan almost every day.
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

I just tried SpySubtract pro, and it found 449 errors in my windows registry alone. Guess i need to start running an anti-virus and firewall from now on. Too bad I have already gotten used to my AMD3000 running like a 486.

Quote Originally Posted by Melitta
    I had that secondthought on my computer also. I use a free antivirus called AntiVir XP. It removed the secondthought for me and has kept my computer clean. Here is the link. http://www.free-av.com/ If it comes up in German, just find the button to switch to English.

PS: I had AVG also and it wouldn't get rid of the secondthought virus, hence the way I found AntiVir XP. I have since removed AVG from my computer.

I have AntiVir on my computer too. When I first downloaded it I ran it and it found 68 trojans on my computer. Now I run that and Adaware and Spybot plus I have programs to stop popups and erase cookies, etc. Haven't had many problems since, although running all these maintenance programs all the time can be a bit of a pain. It's worth it though.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Anyone tried Spyware Nuker 2004? I just downloaded it to my computer, did the scanning, it found a little over 400 spyware on my computer. When I clicked on "clean" it asked for my registration number. Man, I HATE it when they let you download and scan FOR FREE and then tell you you have to pay when it's time to clean up the files!! I also run AdAware. Just ran a full scan with AdAware and then ran one with Spyware Nuker 2004 and Spyware Nuker still found over 400 spyware files.

Anyway, has anyone paid for this? Is it worth the money?

I also tried downloading SpyBot THREE times today and each time it told me the files were corrupt.
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast