+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: New Year's plans

New Year's plans

It's a little over a week away and I was wondering what my fellow FORTers had planned for New Years Eve? Going to a party? Taking it easy? Going away?

It'll be a quiet night with my husband and 2 kids, probably watching Dick Clark and the countdown on tv.

Also...new years resolutions anyone? Do you usually break them?
    I can't think of any for now, except a healthy year for my family, friends and myself.

The applesauce family is very low key on NYE. It's one of those nights we really prefer to stay at home, making hot chocolate and playing games. This year we probably will drive home from Oregon on NYE but should be home before everyone goes outside to bang on pots and pans.

No real resolutions other than to have a baby late June / early July.

Nothing really. Jan 1 is the short one's birthday so I will be getting ready for that.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

No plans for me! I've always found NYE to be the most over-rated night of the year to celebrate. I'm usually tucked into bed reading a book by 10:00.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

Quote Originally Posted by EvaLaruefan
    It's a little over a week away and I was wondering what my fellow FORTers had planned for New Years Eve? Going to a party? Taking it easy? Going away?

It'll be a quiet night with my husband and 2 kids, probably watching Dick Clark and the countdown on tv.
    Looks like it will be Regis this year instead of DC. bummer.

Our tradition is staying home, picking up a couple orders of ribs - and that is dinner.

I'll be in bed by 10 as I have to be at work at 6 a.m. on the first. I'm just glad I don't have to work 3rd shift that night and deal with all the drunks coming in. We call it amateur night at the restaurant.

I'm hoping to have the best new years eve in years. And years. Plans aren't solidified yet, but I'll keep y'all posted.

Happy holidays everyone!
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

OMG - I absolutely hate New Years. I have yet to have a good one, but could regale you with horror stories of the worst ones - dates leaving with someone else, my first teenaged sick/drunk experience (and Aunt Katie's pearl onion casserole to deal with the next day). No no no no nooooooooooo. I go to bed early and let my daughter wake me up at midnight. woohoo.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by EvaLaruefan

Also...new years resolutions anyone? Do you usually break them?
    I can't think of any for now, except a healthy year for my family, friends and myself.
    No plans yet. I went to a friends house last year and left at 11:45. There were 2 couple left and since I didn't have anyone to kiss I came home to my babies. Puppy kisses are better than no kisses at all.

I saw that someone else mentioned that Regis was hosting. I can't believe Dick Clark had a stroke. To me he will always be young.

I don't do resolutions.

toothdoc

My current plan is to go to bed before midnight. That's subject to change.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast