+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: New Year's plans

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Just in case I don't get to tell everyone.........

Pop open some bubbly and celebrate the New Year! Everyone be safe!

Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Ditto on that bbnbama! Happy New Year, everyone!

I'll be hanging out with a friend at my place. We plan to eat lots of pizza and junk food and watch DVDs and then watch the ball drop and toast with something other than champagne (I hate the stuff).
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I'm starting to feel better. So is Gracie and Tootles. Looking for a party!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2190711;
    You're on the West Coast right?

Well meet me here at 9 your time, midnight mine and we'll both post Happy New Year and then you can go to bed having toasted in the new year! Deal?

(but only if I can stay up to midnight on the east coast. )
    myrosiedog-- Cheers to you and all my FORT friends...and Happy New Year!!! Now go get some sleep....
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

I made it to 15 minutes past midnight. The girls threw confittis, used little confitti guns and tossed streamers and made a ton of noise. I think they were up until about 2am as that is when my youngest crawled in bed with me.

My plan today is to make them vaccum repeatedly.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Quote Originally Posted by nlmcp;2191709;
    I made it to 15 minutes past midnight. The girls threw confittis, used little confitti guns and tossed streamers and made a ton of noise. I think they were up until about 2am as that is when my youngest crawled in bed with me.

My plan today is to make them vaccum repeatedly.

Looks like your kids had a blast--
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

MRD
    WEll Vonna for the first time since I was a kid, I did NOT make it to midnight, so I missed your toast. We zonked out about 10 pm last night. Yesterday was awful weatherwise. I mean, downright ugly, nasty, rainy, misty, gloomy and we made some appetizers and watched some tv and went to bed early. Pathetic. My daughter didn't feel well, we didn't go rent movies as it was so nasty out, and there was NOTHING on tv except a really bad, bowl game (what? they can't put a decent bowl game on NYE?) so we ended up, now don't laugh: we watched the Hee Haw marathon on CMT. Pathetic I know.

Actually kind of sad as Buck Owens died this past year and watching him on Hee Haw was sad. I forgot how cheesy, but funny that show was. And we got to see Ray Charles as one of the guests, so that made my night. I love Ray!
    Had to medicate the dogs due to fireworks, you'd have thought the downpour would have stopped the idiots in my neighborhood, but not so. So sick kid, doggie downers, nothing on tv, and rainy weather and we all turned in early last night. Good thing as today has been a rough one.

I hope the rest of you had a better NYE and great wishes to you all for a fantastic, healthy, prosperous and lucky 2007.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Well,myrosiedog, to my surprise, I made it to midnight. In case you were wondering what kind of toast we had...it was caffeine free Diet Pepsi..Classy...We ran into some old party friends at the video rental...ha.....at one time I would have longed to be invited to one of their parties, but now that I'm an old fogey, I tried to do a quick "hello, goodbye" as I scurry in another direction

We watched movies until 11:40 then what seemed like 2 hours, watched 20 min of the Times Square stuff all the time wondering how all those people are going to get on the subway or taxi to clear out Manhattan...and wondering how and why they would choose to stand in a mob packed in like sardines to watch a light fall down in a matter of 30 seconds.......beats me
    Maya Angelou

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Vonna;2192068;
    Well,myrosiedog, to my surprise, I made it to midnight. In case you were wondering what kind of toast we had...it was caffeine free Diet Pepsi..Classy...We ran into some old party friends at the video rental...ha.....at one time I would have longed to be invited to one of their parties, but now that I'm an old fogey, I tried to do a quick "hello, goodbye" as I scurry in another direction

We watched movies until 11:40 then what seemed like 2 hours, watched 20 min of the Times Square stuff all the time wondering how all those people are going to get on the subway or taxi to clear out Manhattan...and wondering how and why they would choose to stand in a mob packed in like sardines to watch a light fall down in a matter of 30 seconds.......beats me
    OH, I went all out and had a coffee with brandy in it. I think that's why I had to go to bed early. I made decaf and put in the brandy and with that, the fireplace going, the rain outside, I was yawning and ready for bed.
    Yep, I'm an old fogey now too. One small shot of brandy and out like a light and yes, I know the feeling about once wanting to party and now not.
    We used to go to Key West and it would be PACKED on Duval street. Not as many people as Times Square, but still when you are packed in elbow to a**h*le, its crowded. That USED to be fun. So did getting down front at concerts. None of that is fun anymore. Heck, I can't go grocery shopping when its busy as I don't care for crowds anymore. I would NEVER be able to handle times square. One, because I look at that and think: where do they go to the bathroom? No, don't tell me, I really dont' want to know. But as a woman, that is a big concern of mine: I really want to know the bathroom situation of any place I am going to be. ANd two, getting back out after its over, that has to be just as bad as being in the crowd. And three and this REALLY makes me a fogey, the danger factor involved. I can think of a dozen things that could happen in that crowd that I would not want to be there for.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    I'm glad to see that it isn't just me and my family that like to stay at home on New Year's Eve. We watch movies and prepare some snacks, but no hard core partying. This year I almost didn't make it to midnight. I was really tired for some reason.

Happy New Year!

+ Reply to Thread