+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: New Year's plans

I believe I will be doing nothing out of the ordinary, scrap booking watching a DVD and going to bed early sounds like a good idea to me.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

We're just having a few friends over, like 6 in total (including me and Mr. Fatale). But we'll make a three course dinner and such so it'll be nice. Plus one of the guys who's coming is living in Switzerland so we haven't seen him in a while. It'll probably be fuin, I don't need a big party or such, just a few close friends is nice.

The girls are each having a friend over, we are planning on going to the movies and then I'm sure they will be either on World of Warcraft or watching dvds.

I'll be in bed before midnight I'm sure, it's a struggle to stay up late.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs;2190321;
    I believe I will be doing nothing out of the ordinary, scrap booking watching a DVD and going to bed early sounds like a good idea to me.
    There's an idea. I could scrapbook. Or better yet, get my scrapbook stuff organized as I have not done any as my stuff is still a mess from the move IN AUGUST and I haven't done any scrapbooking as I can't find anything.
    God, I am such a boring person now that I have mostly retired from drinking or celebrating New Year's Eve.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I am having my parents and my sister, BIL and niece over for supper. I planned a special 3 course menu. I should be getting ready to buy some missing ingredients and cooking what can be done ahead of time, yet, I'm here. Maybe this post should link to the "You know you are addicted to Fort" thread.

Premium Member
    I am on call for 24 hours starting at 7 am on New Years Day so I'll be in bed hopefully by 10 tomorrow night.

Well, since the flu has kaiboshed my New Years plans with my sweetie, it will be a quiet one with me, Gracie and Mr. Tootles. I believe I will make a nice fire in the fireplace, raise my glass of tea and toast, and toast the new year literally. A phone call to my sweetie and then that's about it.

My family normally goes out for chinese food on New Years Day, but with some of us still sick, that's not gonna happen either

I miss the old days of dressing up with friends, going out for a nice dinner and dance until the wee hours and then piling into a cab to make sure we all got home in one piece.

This year, cabs are at a premium, our volunteer red nose driver program is short volunteers, and the police are urging people to have a designated driver in every group. Could be nasty out there. Extra police are already going to be on patrol.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    Misskitty, I didn't know I was invited for New Year's at your house!!

My daughter and her family are coming here to eat spaghetti and watch the Bears game. She and mr. gracie are fanatics when it come to the Bears. We'll play some cards (eucher), have a few drinks (margaritas) and try to keep her kids from killing each other.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

Mr. Vonna and I will probably try to stay awake until 12.... well....er.....maybe 11:00 .......no parties this year
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Vonna;2190708;
    Mr. Vonna and I will probably try to stay awake until 12.... well....er.....maybe 11:00 .......no parties this year
    You're on the West Coast right?

Well meet me here at 9 your time, midnight mine and we'll both post Happy New Year and then you can go to bed having toasted in the new year! Deal?

(but only if I can stay up to midnight on the east coast. )
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread