+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: New Year's plans

FORT Fogey
    I'm not a partier at all (not anymore, that is) and so I'll be staying inside and probably going to bed pretty early.

I just hate to be out there on the road with not only all the drunk drivers, but also all the cops who are out there looking for all those drunk drivers! Not that there's anything wrong with cops, but I'd just rather not be out there driving when I have an increased chance of having one of them pull me over.

I can get in trouble when the cops pull me over, even if I'm not doing anything wrong.

One time I got pulled over and I was wicked tired and run down from my chronic illness. The cop said, "Lady, I pulled you over 'cause you were weaving."

I said, "Yeah, officer, I know. But I just finished my latest knitting project earlier in the day and I had to start another project to keep me busy while I'm driving, so I started weaving."

He didn't think that was too funny.

Anyway, the fewer cops I encounter, the better life is for me, so I'll be hunkered down this New Year's Eve -- I'll be here, wise-cracking to you guys, instead of out there, wise-cracking to the cops.

My party days are over...New Years cost too much to go out anymore so I just go over to a friend's and watch some movies

I still have no idea what I am doing. It costs $60 to go to a club, and thats not including anything. I am thinking of just going to a friends and spending the night, cause no one wants to DD and I don't want any of my friends driving drunk. Plus a taxi costs too much, so going to a friends is the most likely option right now. I have never been a fan of New Years at all, but I hate staying in on it.

As for resolutions I don't even bother making them any more, cause I either forget them or don't follow them through.

Sounds like I'll be attending a *quiet* house party again this year, probably play a few games and be home by 1 am. Not sure if it'll be able to beat last years party--I had spent most of the month in the hospital and wasn't up for going out and being with a big crowd so my usually bar-hopping friends all decided to 'stop by' my place on their way to the pubs. Most stayed the entire night....and I haven't laughed that hard in my entire life--and I was drinking sparkling grape juice!! Unplanned good times are always the best.
    Don't let the small things sweat

It'll probably be the first new year's ever where I actually want to spend it in peace & quiet with my husband & a very good friend of ours (possibly also our friend's parents.) I've found that I've grown up a lot this year for some reason & partying doesn't appeal to me as much anymore... (Altho I will have a few beers and some bubbly at midnight!)

As for my New Years resolution, I'm actually one who has stuck to her resolution from LAST year all this year...... I've lost 82 pounds & this year's resolution is to shed the rest of the extra curves, hopefully my New Year's resolution a year from now can be MAINTENANCE and no more losing

Happy New Years to everybody, I hope you all have a great great celebration & to those of you going out, do not forget to bring a Designated Driver
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

Premium Member
    I have a 24 hour call shift on New Year's so I'll be staying home and going to bed early. I have 8 days off over Christmas so I'm not complaining!

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigrazhia
    As for my New Years resolution, I'm actually one who has stuck to her resolution from LAST year all this year...... I've lost 82 pounds & this year's resolution is to shed the rest of the extra curves, hopefully my New Year's resolution a year from now can be MAINTENANCE and no more losing
    Good for you... that is awesome!

Tigrazhia - I'm so impressed!!! How did you do it? I'd really like to know. I always make the resolution to lose weight, but never manage to stay on track. There are too many foods that I like and not enough other rewards.
    Count your blessings!

[QUOTE=Tigrazhia]As for my New Years resolution, I'm actually one who has stuck to her resolution from LAST year all this year...... I've lost 82 pounds & this year's resolution is to shed the rest of the extra curves, hopefully my New Year's resolution a year from now can be MAINTENANCE and no more losing

Wow, way to go Tigrazhia! Would you be willing to share how you did it? Diet and exercise? Both? Neither? Very inspirational...I would like to lose a bunch too. Good for you!
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigrazhia
    Woo hoo! Excellent - Tigrazhia!

+ Reply to Thread