+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fancy Pants Photoshoppin'

Fancy Pants Photoshoppin'

Inspired by the lovely, original avs in the ANTM forum and all over the FORT, I just wanted to ask if any of you would like to share some tips or methods that you use to manipulate photos, enhance images, or create special effects.

I happen to have Photoshop 7 but have no idea what to with it other than re-size pics. I feel like I'm wasting it. I'd love to learn how to do some of the neat-frito things you people do, like make embellishments, create animated images or heck, just change the color of pictures to sepia or another tone. Something, anything!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Here's just "something" Snowie.
    1. Click "file " from the top of the toolbar
    2.Click "open", and click on the picture you want.
    3. Click "edit" and copy; click "edit" again and "paste as new image" (this is so you don't screw up your original, then accidentaly keep the changes)
    4.Click "effects"
    5. a menu will drop down...hover over "Geometric Effects" and another menu will fly out.
    6. Click, oh, "CurliQs" (the second effect listed)
    7. A "settings" window will open. Enter these settings...
    number of columns--20
    number of rows--20
    size%--60
    strength--30

now click "ok"...
    ain't that funny looking?
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I always tell people not to be afraid. Just make a copy of an image or use an image you don't want (most programs also have an undo last change feature usually under edit.. ) but anyway Point & Click.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Doing a lap before I commit to a location
    Snowie! I'm a photo editor..... It's fun to play with "curves". Make a copy or two of the pic you want to play with and have a ball! Maybe you could re-tint some pics.... just let us all know what you want to do, and I'm sure we can help!!!!

It's fun to experiment, let us see what you come up with!!!
    Could does not mean should

Thanks for your tips and encouragement, everybody! I will play around with it this week and show you guys what I come up with.

I couldn't find how to re-tint pics, but maybe I just wasn't looking in the right place.

Also, could anyone tell me how to cut and paste things from other pics and/or merge images? Danke!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Snowy, the best advice I can give you is to just play with it until you get tired of it. The tricky part is doing something that you like and not being able to remember how you did it.

I'd love to know enough in this area to photoshop up some fancy pants, just to honor the title of this thread.

I would love to see what you come up with, Snowie. Get pointin' and a-clickin'!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

yeah, i need to work on my extraction man...that is like my weakness right now

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    Thanks for your tips and encouragement, everybody! I will play around with it this week and show you guys what I come up with.

I couldn't find how to re-tint pics, but maybe I just wasn't looking in the right place.

Also, could anyone tell me how to cut and paste things from other pics and/or merge images? Danke!
    To "colorize" in PSPro, click "colors" in the toolbar. "Colorize" is the second item on this menu. Use the "hue" scale to find a color you like, then use the "intensity" scale to adjust the brightness. Your original photo will be on the left, and the new color shows up on the right.
    Working with merged images and layers is a little more complex, and you might want to get more familiar with the program before you get into all-that!
    The undo-redo arrows in this program are right under the word "effects" in the toolbar.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I have PSP8, and I have a question:

If I am trying to make a layout, is there any way I can put a couple images onto a bigger image?

Sorry if thats confusing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast