+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fancy Pants Photoshoppin'

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer
    I have PSP8, and I have a question:

If I am trying to make a layout, is there any way I can put a couple images onto a bigger image?

Sorry if thats confusing.
    You're trying to make a collage type thing, correct? It's not that hard, but actually making it look good does require some practice. Use the Selection Tool (freehand or preset shape) to cut out the image you want to insert, then resize it to the size you want it to be in your final image. Now Edit, Cut, and Paste as New Layer. You can use the Mover tool to move this image around since it's on a new layer. When you get all the images onto the background, save it as a merged image. This is probably a TERRIBLE explanation of this process, and I could be leaving something out too, but maybe it will help!
    I mentioned to Snowflake Girl that I think the "Learn in 24 Hours" series of books is the best reference for PS Pro (in my opinion)...easy to understand and avaliable on Amazon. I did the experimental thing for a while after I got my software, but this book contains so much stuff I would have NEVER figured out in a million years , especially as you get into more complex images. Also that book has ways to make some of the coolest looking lettering, shadows, etc that you would be forever teaching yourself to do, if you ever did. Just a thought; you might want to check it out. I do know a lot of people use Photoshop, but it doesn't work exactly the same, and unless they dropped a grand on the super-duper professional version, PS offers a lot of options that Photoshop Elements doesn't. So trying to learn from someone who is good at Photoshop is sometimes, but not always helpful.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Thanks. That really helped.

Do you know how to make the image that you paste bigger though? It ends up really small...
    Last edited by Dreamer; 12-19-2004 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    I'd love to know enough in this area to photoshop up some fancy pants, just to honor the title of this thread.
    Here ya go, Hep! My Christmas present for you. :santawink

Nice fancypants! I'm tickled at the notion of Hep prancing about in those knickers! *whistles in appreciation*

Hey, queenb, thanks so much, your advice has been super-helpful! When I get more time (maybe post-holiday), I'll post some of my experiments.

BTW, I actually wanted to ask Dreamer a question--how do you get multiple images to flash like the way it is in your current Amanda av?
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Snowy: this couldn't have come at a better time! I take hundreds of photos per week for my job and personal pleasure, but have only been able to post the two that were on a friends photo site.

I was urged to get a free Photobucket account, which I had just set up, BEFORE I came to FORT tonight, so Snowy...."Get out of my head!

Question: I see that some of you have Photobucket 7 and 8. I wasnt' given that option when I signed up. Is that something that you get when you get their Premium Service?

I took so many photos of my cookies and kitchen for the holidays and wanted to post them in the Cookie thread. So far, all I've done is register, as that was too intimidating in and of itself!
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer
    Thanks. That really helped.

Do you know how to make the image that you paste bigger though? It ends up really small...
    Just guessing...check the size of your "background" picture, and compare the size of the one you want to paste in. Sometimes the picture is a different resolution (I'm guessing these are maybe pictures you imported from the Web, not ones you took yourself, or that you scanned into your computer rather than downloading from a digital camera?) and you'll have to re-size something, either make the background smaller or the insert bigger. Again, I'm only guessing here; sometimes these computers can do some really weird stuff!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

SnowflakeGirl, I have a program called animation shop 3, which comes with PSP8, and I use that.

Thanks for the help again, queenb.

I was sent a link to http://www.worth1000.com a couple of years ago, and after lurking, couldn't stand it and ordered PhotoShop 7 off of eBay. I bought a couple of books on learning it, and followed some tutorials from the worth1000 website. I love PhotoShopping, and I'll post this years' Christmas card pictures soon, after I upload them to my server.

Pictures from the last couple of years are here:
    http://www.thetabors.com/Funpics.htm
    although I just realized that I mis-labelled last year's Christmas picture as this years'.
    If I go looking for a pic that's not my own, I Google Images for a very large image. It's easier to merge in pics from my digital camera that way.
    One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity

CurvesForum

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12