+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blunder of the day

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar

Blunder of the day

None of us are perfect, and I'm sure we all have stories to prove it.

My blunder of the day (okay it was actually yesterday):
    I sent an email on Monday to my coworker to have her change my promotions that were running online. In the subject line I put September 24 (thinking that was Tuesday of this week). Yesterday when they weren't changed I sent another email asking why they hadn't been changed and when she would get to it -- not realizing I had the wrong date in my subject heading and she was holding on to them for NEXT week.

Of course she called me on it and I felt like an a--! At least my email was pretty nice! DOH!

Yeah, I hate things that make you feel stupid. Poor BF.

My usual blunder is leaving the office for lunch. I work in a small office, but we do have people stopping in throughout the day. Each day for lunch, I leave and I have to lock the door if no one is here. Simple enough.

Well... the other day, I left and forgot to lock the door. When I came back, there was a note from me from one of our employees that had stopped by to pick up their cheque. I had left it out on my desk in anticipation of them coming, so they took it.

Lucky for me that was all they took. Felt SO stupid.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

agentcarver
    My daily blunder:

I spent all day reminding myself: Talk to that kid... Talk to that kid... Talk to that kid... (I'm not going to reveal his name online)

And guess what I forgot to do?

Being a housewife, I sometimes do chores without thinking, sort of like on auto-pilot. The other day I reached under the sink cabinet to get the fantastik to clean the stove. I spent at least half an hour on the stove until it sparkled like new. I left the fantastik spray bottle on the counter. That night, while I was straightening up the kitchen before bed, I went to put the fantastik spray bottle away, low and behold, I was shocked to discover that what I thought was fantastik turned out to be Fabreze! I cleaned the entire stove with Fabreze Fabric Softener!

WELL.

I have an ex that lives in Calgary and he and I broke up quite some time ago now, but I've loved him my whole life & we started flirting & I said something to him that I thought I'd regret, except he kinda seconded it and SO NOWWWWW I'm really confused because he's all I ever wanted in my life.

And YES, I am married.

Hmmm, that sounds complicated Ducky.

Seize the day.
    "That's Numberwang!"

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Yesterday morning I was really tired and ended up spraying hairspray instead of deodorant under my arms. That really sucks btw.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Hope everything works out for ya, Ducky! Now I'll share my favorite latin words of inspiration:

"Scrotum Est" (It's in the bag)

LMAO John!

Once I made myself some toast. We had that whipped butter that comes in a cardboardish contailer. Later that night I saw the butter floating in the dishwater, and the knife was in the fridge

That febreeze story is too funny!
    Bravo... my hubby did that on our wedding day! It had to be worse for him (i assume) because he has hairy pits!

Ducky.. jeez, that sucks. I don't know what to say!
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

agentcarver
    HA!

Glad I revived this thread!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast