+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do you own any recipe organizing software?

Quote Originally Posted by lambikins
    With MasterCook, what sold you on it? And does it automatically organize and alphabetize the recipes?
    Ummm, I don't remember? Actually, the price was big. I think it was $10 or so. It was version 6 or so, I could enter my own recipe. It's got nutritional information for most ingredients, and you can enter your own if it's not there. It's easily searchable by ingredient, preparation method, course, etc. Now that I think of it, it does put your recipe in the appropriate alphabetical order for you.
    One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity

CurvesForum

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I used to have the Campbells Soup one that I picked up for like 10 bucks , But I abandoned it when I found I was just printing them and using the recipes old school ( stuffed in the recipe box) . It was probably nice if you had no life outside of compiling recipes .

My favorite online site is allrecipes.com. Not sure if you can find raccoon dressing there , but mostly everything else. The raccoon and squirrel recipes are in the original Joy of Cooking which I would definitely invest in if there was a software version. I love that book. It saved my butt many times when I needed to find out how to do something I had no clue how to.

Quote Originally Posted by eny
    My favorite online site is allrecipes.com. Not sure if you can find raccoon dressing there , but mostly everything else. The raccoon and squirrel recipes are in the original Joy of Cooking which I would definitely invest in if there was a software version. I love that book. It saved my butt many times when I needed to find out how to do something I had no clue how to.
    Aw-w-w, the Original Joy of Cooking! What a book! I got one at a tag sale and wouldn't give it up for love or money. Talking about deleted recipes, when they "improved" :nono the book a couple of years ago, they removed all the Jelly/Jam/Preserve section, siting that "Modern People didn't have the time to do canning or preserving any longer."

WTF?! So, they are removing an entire section of food preservation?! Good thing they can see the future and predict what future generations don't need to know.

I can understand dropping the squirrel/possum/road kill section (although it makes fine readin'), but who doesn't like a freshly made strawberry jam? Apparently, the readers of the NEW Joy of Cooking.

Tomorrow, Sunday, I'm going to just spend time, online, and begin looking at the links provided and anything else I can find. I'm not so interested in any Recipe Organizer that has it's own recipes; that's what my 500+ cookbooks are for. I just want to organize that I have!
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123