+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Post pics of your Christmas Tree here....

Quote Originally Posted by madbanana
    We have a fake tree, i'm allergic to real ones
    What I find priceless is your comment, and then reading your quote!
    Last edited by Mantenna; 12-14-2004 at 06:11 PM.
    TRUTH, BOREDOM, HUMOR
    "It is always the best policy to speak the truth, unless, of course, you are an exceptionally good liar."
    -Jerome K. Jerome

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    I have a question for everybody: Does your family put up the same traditional ornaments every year or do you guys have themed trees?
    At my mother's house we have always done the family-ornaments thing. We still hang a yellow ceramic star that I painted in kindergarten, and we just retired this ratty little felt stocking that was made as a school crafts project and *stapled* together. We've bought ornaments over the years, but we have several that my mom sewed out of green and red flannel when she was first married, and two little wooden sled ornaments that my dad made and burned my sister's and my names into. We also have a dwindling number of pressed wax ornaments that my dad made when he was in college, so those are very special, and we take great care not to hang them low (cats) or near the lights (melting). :santasmil
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Here's mine, although I took a lot of red ornaments off of it today (victims of the ol'heave ho mentioned in the relationship challenged thread....) :phhht

So, it may look a little scarce in some spots...oh well, 7 more days:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

O Penguin Tree, O Penguin Tree

*Bumpity-bump!*

I can't believe it's time to revive this thread.

Our tree is up! The photos don't show them clearly, but except for maybe a dozen, each ornament on this tree is a penguin. Some were gifts. Some were homemade by friends and family who know about J.'s fondness for penguins. (The homemade ones, of course, hold extra-special memories.)

It doesn't show up well, but the latest addition to Penguin Family is near the middle, slightly to the left and higher up. This was my ornament gift to J. this year. I call him "El Gordo" because of his size and shape; J. calls him "phat." (Get it?) And, no, I don't know how I got that light effect. I just played with settings on the digital camera.

We would love to see yours!
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

That's a pretty tree, Phat.

Ours is up, but I don't have a digital so no pic. Plus it is a fiber optic that broke. It won't turn so the colors don't change. We have homey ornaments, too. No theme. Every year my daughter picks an ornament and we buy it. It is full of those plus stuff she has made in school and scouts.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    That's a pretty tree, Phat.

Ours is up, but I don't have a digital so no pic. Plus it is a fiber optic that broke. It won't turn so the colors don't change. We have homey ornaments, too. No theme. Every year my daughter picks an ornament and we buy it. It is full of those plus stuff she has made in school and scouts.
    Thanks, dag.

I like the thought of your daughter selecting something every year. Those hold the best memories, I'm willing to bet, and you probably have a good idea which ones were bought in which years. Happy holidays!
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

I do know what was bought when. I figure when she moves out she can take those with her and they will hold memories for her, too.

Happy holidays to you, too.

We just got our big tree today. We get many real trees each year so in some ways I guess we are super barbaric. We live in the country....there are so many trees everywhere, we only go a buy our big fancy tree and go and cut down our "charlie brown tree" for the kitchen (that one only has white lights, is kind of homelt and sparse by nature and is decorated with popcorn, cranberries and home made and natural decorations), one for the balcony and one that is tied to the water pump in the front yard. Then we go and cut down boughs (don't know if I spelled that on right!) to made two HUGE wreaths for the barn doors and archway around the front door. We are pretty pitchy people by the time the day is done. I don't think I have ever even seen a fake tree other than in the store. It's just not something many people do around here. Trees are cheep. And they smell good too. We haven't decorated the big, fancy colorful tree yet. But it is sitting in it's stand waiting for the family to come over to join us. The nephews and brothers and sisters....can't wait!

Well we got another real one again. This one is fatter than last year, decorated the same though, with a little more lights than last time. 1800 lights.

Gorgeous, ProbablyBaby! I remember this thread from last year!

I'm camera challenged, but I'm looking our lit tree. We went for a small one this year on top of a table. I wanted to show off my cute snowman treeskirt that always gets hidden under the tree. Plus, the 9-10' trees were almost $200 this year at the lot my daughter's school wanted us to go to (they get a kickback).
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

+ Reply to Thread