+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Post pics of your Christmas Tree here....

The pictures have finally left the digital camera where they've been sitting so now I can share. I go for a pretty simple tree that's been close to the same the past few years....glass bead garland, purple and white lights, with mostly a celesital theme since I'd collected sun/moon/star ornaments years ago, but with the addition of red/purple/gold balls now, and a few odd snowmen and other ornaments that I've picked up here and there on sale. (and yummy butterscotch candy canes, that are now gone from the back of the tree as I keep eating them )
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    I have a question for everybody: Does your family put up the same traditional ornaments every year or do you guys have themed trees?
    We put up family ornaments. We have a memory and story behind almost every ornament on the tree. It looks like a hodgepodge, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

I do find the themed trees interesting and pretty, though.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Same here Hep. We have family pictures - even the dog and all that wonderful jr school art still decorating the tree. I have a few ornaments from way back , and buy a few new ones each year. It will never win decorating contest .

I can't see starting from scratch each year.

Tee hee, we have several ornaments featuring the cats before we had our daughter. Now the cat ones are my daughter's favorite.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by eny
    Same here Hep. We have family pictures - even the dog and all that wonderful jr school art still decorating the tree. I have a few ornaments from way back , and buy a few new ones each year. It will never win decorating contest .

I can't see starting from scratch each year.
    This is exactly how our tree is decorated, too. We put our tree up on Sunday, and our daughter had some friends over. As we're all unwrapping the ornaments we've had for years, Lil Rose came across a small-sized paper plate she painted when she was 3 (14 years ago), with a picture of her in the center of it. It is a little creased and bent from years of being used and put away, and she said something about how we should just throw it away, and I basically ran toward her, leaping across the room, shouting louder than I needed to, "NO!" We also have a 'scotch brite pad' she cut into the shape of a Christmas tree in kindergarten, and glued sequins on, half of which are missing now. Aaaahhhhh, these are the ornaments that make each family's tree special.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

I love a theme tree in a department store, or if I put up more than one tree, but for our family tree, I wouldn't have anything other than my individual ornaments, from the ones I ermember growing up to the ones my daughter made at school last week and we just hung on the tree. It is part of the celebration to decorate the tree as a family, reminiscing about what each ornament means to the family, as it was when I was growing up. A tradition that makes Christmas for me.
    TRUTH, BOREDOM, HUMOR
    "It is always the best policy to speak the truth, unless, of course, you are an exceptionally good liar."
    -Jerome K. Jerome

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Pretty tree, Libs. I like the celestial theme.

I haven't decorated a tree in a few years, but I still have all the trimmings and ornaments. I used to be a huge ornament junkie; mostly angels. The last tree I decorated had lots of white lights, pink iridescent glass bead garland, these gold "swirly" things you could stick into the tree, and the ornaments. Oh, and a beautiful lit angel on top.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Several years ago (about 6), I won a $1000 tree on a radio station promotion. The decorations were mostly stuffed santa dolls or santa head, or whatever. Lots of stuff, and we used it for a few years. But, they didn't seem to be happy Christmases. Then a few years ago - my daughter and I decided to just break out the old ornaments - and it was wonderful. Things they made in school (and preschool) - lots of meaningful ornaments, or toy ornaments. I'll usually pick up 2 a year now - but we just had a wonderful time decorating, and it made for such a different feel.

all the stuffed santas are 'stuffed' in boxes in case the kids want them - I gave a lot of it away. Just not my style.

I want a family tree for xmas, not a designer one.

Here is our 4 yr old brenden with our tree
    Attached Images Attached Images

Renee - I have the same furniture as you Cute tree, and cutie pie little boy, too :santasmil WELCOME to the FORT!

Put up our tree last night, and made a gingerbread house, too (actually the beau did the house with Em - apparently on top of all his OTHER talents he can also decorate gingerbread houses and cakes )

I'll post some pics when I get home. The tree decorating was so much fun - christmas carols blaring, the cat all wrapped up in the beads and strings of lights, all our ornaments from through the years, including some I made when I was small plus the ones Em has made as she's grown. So many memories, both old and new, *sigh*, and tons of snowmen (Em and I both collect them)
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

+ Reply to Thread