+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Post pics of your Christmas Tree here....

Re: Post pics of your Christmas Tree here....

Catching up on this thread...

Meowza! Everyone has beautiful trees! And different too! It's so nice to see traditions and new ideas at the same time! And it's fun to hear about things we do so our loveable pets can enjoy and not destroy our decorations!

My tree (silk rose bush on a stick) is not finished. I left the lights on from last year, but the kitties did not decorate while I was away. And my Santa is lost in my basement. I need to hammer some nails into the plaster wall around my fireplace to hold up the garland since I had to remove them when I replastered and painted this summer. All the stockings keep falling down from the mantle too. All is not going well.

I think I need some of those LSD lights.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2728117;
    Catching up on this thread...

Meowza! Everyone has beautiful trees! And different too! It's so nice to see traditions and new ideas at the same time! And it's fun to hear about things we do so our loveable pets can enjoy and not destroy our decorations!

My tree (silk rose bush on a stick) is not finished. I left the lights on from last year, but the kitties did not decorate while I was away. And my Santa is lost in my basement. I need to hammer some nails into the plaster wall around my fireplace to hold up the garland since I had to remove them when I replastered and painted this summer. All the stockings keep falling down from the mantle too. All is not going well.

I think I need some of those LSD lights.
    You need those and kitty bed under the tree. Read what I wrote Waldo has done now in animal lovers thread.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by bewty;2727991;
    I love everyone's tree pictures. They are as individual and unique as each one of you. We just put our tree up on Saturday and have only gotten to the lighting stage. With three holiday perfectionists living in this house, you can imagine what a time it was
    Yep bewty I can see it now. You and the kids fighting over the correct way to string the lights. Post the pics if you ever get it finished.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Heaven22;2728520;
    Yep bewty I can see it now. You and the kids fighting over the correct way to string the lights. Post the pics if you ever get it finished.
    I'm not allowed to do the lights or garland. Makes it so much easier on me

After several episodes with me and lights and falling trees, I am now banished until it's time to hang ornaments. That's the part I really care about anyway, as I do want them just so.

But honestly, I am glad not to be involved in any lightiing inside or out.

MRD

We have a light and sound Hallmark ornament we bought the year Atlanta hosted the Olympics. It's a torch and a runner beside it. The torch flickers. Well it plays the Olympic theme and when I turn on the tree, the Olympic theme plays. I get this weird feeling when hearing it, that I've just done something great and want to throw my hands up in the air like the gold medal winners on the platform.

It's so nice to start each morning feeling like I just won a gold medal in my family room. Just for turning the tree on.

They ran out of all green and all red lights this year.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2731505;
    We have a light and sound Hallmark ornament we bought the year Atlanta hosted the Olympics. It's a torch and a runner beside it. The torch flickers. Well it plays the Olympic theme and when I turn on the tree, the Olympic theme plays. I get this weird feeling when hearing it, that I've just done something great and want to throw my hands up in the air like the gold medal winners on the platform.

It's so nice to start each morning feeling like I just won a gold medal in my family room. Just for turning the tree on.
    I saw that on your tree...my son has that same one on his tree too! I buy him a Hallmark ornament every year and that was the one we got that year!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2731517;
    I saw that on your tree...my son has that same one on his tree too! I buy him a Hallmark ornament every year and that was the one we got that year!

Does he feel very Olympic when he turns on the tree? (My husband still uses that phrase from the movie about the Jamaican bobsled team: "I'm feeling very Olympic today!") I do feel like I've done something medal worthy when it plays. I have a gold medal in tree turning on!

We saw the torch pass through Florida that year with the runner and the pace car and stuff, that's why we got the ornament. (and I thought it was great they used Muhammad Ali to light the caldron. I love him)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2728291;
    You need those and kitty bed under the tree. Read what I wrote Waldo has done now in animal lovers thread.
    Oh, the kitties do have a bed under the Christmas tree table. And they have room to sit beside it, and on the other side of it so they still get their window view, and Gracie's little basket is not far either, in case she wants to bask in the glow of the colors!!

I just noticed that my Dad took the white feather star I put on the top finial of a lamp and put it on a side table. I think he thought it would catch on fire. He might be right! I have no idea if it is flammable.

Marley: Wonderful bright tree!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

tree.jpg

Everybody have a Great Holiday season!!!

Oops, not sure how to enlarge it. Sorry.

+ Reply to Thread