+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Post pics of your Christmas Tree here....

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Re: Post pics of your Christmas Tree here....

I just got done with decorating the tree tonight. (The pic is blurry because my digital camera batteries are dead and I used my treo.)

Teach your children well Uncle David's Avatar

I was reluctant to put up a tree this year. With two well behaved cats and one Tasmanian devil disguised as a kitten it seemed like I was asking for trouble. But, with family coming for Christmas I really had no choice. So, I put the tree up, but decided to decorate with nothing but lights and candy canes.

The lights are little snowmen-stars and pine cones. The candy canes are either white or twisted into the shape of Christmas trees. If the girls do well this year I may bring out the real decorations next year.

By the way, at Lowes I found a remote controlled three prong extension. It's great. I don't have to go over to the tree to turn the lights on. This way the cats aren't investigating what's over there. So far a single white candy cane randomly appears on the carpet, otherwise things have been going well.

ETA: I decided to post another picture because the first one is so washed out. Unfortunately, the light levels are so low it's a bit blurry, but you get the idea.

Last edited by Uncle David; 12-18-2007 at 02:43 AM.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I haven't decorated at all this year. We're both getting sick of our apartment and it feels like, in the words of Santino of PR2, "you can't polish a turd". I might put up some candlesticks but that's it, I feel like there's no point in wasting money and time on decorations when I'm not sure I will like it in the end. However, when we buy a house, I will go all out in Christmas mode; a tree, lots of other decorations, I'm wondering if I'll even change curtains. But, as for this year, I haven't polished my apartment because it just seems useless, I wouldn't like the results anyways. (oh, that sounds very sad and depressing, I'm not in that mood at all!)

MRD

Uncle David your tree is nice and the remote??? BRILLIANT. It's about time that came about.

We have a switch, but you have to stick your hand in the tree between the cross stitch santa and the nursery rhyme book to find the switch, feel along the cord for the switch to turn it on and off. Better than plugging in and unplugging, but a remote would be better.

Next year, we go high tech!

Everyone has such nice trees. I love to see how different everyone's trees are. And why you do them a certain way, what ornaments are special, etc.

This has been a good thread
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

our lighted tree came with a plug that has a large 2 inch push button that sits on the floor.
    You can just tap it with your foot (or crutch, as the case may be)
    Last edited by schmoo2; 12-18-2007 at 06:39 AM.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by schmoo2;2726495;
    our lighted tree came with a plug that has a large 2 inch push button that sits on the floor.
    You can just tap it with your foot (or crutch, as the case may be)
    glad those crutches are coming in handy.

I love seeing pictures of everyone's trees, they are gorgeous. I'm not putting one up this year because I just moved yesterday and will only be here for the week and then spending time with my family. Next year I will be looking forward to putting up a tree at my new place.

SV, that nativity set is beautiful. I'm glad you took the close up because you couldn't tell it was corn husks and I wasn't understanding how they were made. Very cool.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid;2726362;
    Priji, that's a lovely tree and I'm curious where you found it, too.

Barley, I love your country tree and I noticed Katie in the background right away. Your neighbor's tree is gorgeous, too.

Ashley, Tinkerbell is so darn cute as a tree topper, and it looks like you've got a lit village next to the tree? How darling.

SV, I'm so glad you took a second picture of your crèche because the detail is so much better in the second one - the pieces are beautiful. How wonderful to have something so lovely from the Czech Republic. We have Mr. Rose's grandmother's crèche, and I'll have to take a picture of it when I get the chance. It's rather ordinary, but of course holds a lot of sentimental value for him.
    SV, I agree with Roses, it's gorgeous. How special that your son brought that back.

We have a hand carved olivewood one I brought back from Bethlehem years ago. I leave that one out all year. It's small and doesn't take up much room and I like it, so it doesn't get put away.

My ornaments are a collection from childhood until now. When I moved out of my parents' house, mom didn't want to give up my childhood ornaments. Eventually I convinced her. She has gotten me an ornament or two every single year since I was born. I have a couple Tinkerbell ornaments because I love her and I have some classics on there as well.

SV - Yes, that's a Tinkerbell at the top of my tree. She's also on my tree skirt.

Roses- I do have a little village next to my tree. My friends all tease me about it because I'm HARDCORE into the village thing. They always ask me if I'm in my mid-20s or my mid-60s. I think villages can be appreciated at any age!

PG- I love your tree skirt! I think Gingerbread men are so adorable!

Uncle David - The second picture of your tree is a great angle because of the fireplace in the background. Looks great! Let's hope those cats behave.
    Last edited by AshleyPSU; 12-18-2007 at 06:29 PM.

FORT Fanatic

I love everyone's tree pictures. They are as individual and unique as each one of you. We just put our tree up on Saturday and have only gotten to the lighting stage. With three holiday perfectionists living in this house, you can imagine what a time it was

+ Reply to Thread