+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Post pics of your Christmas Tree here....

MRD

Re: Post pics of your Christmas Tree here....

Lil, my star is crooked too. While you have your step ladder out would you consider.............

I should take a pick of the mantle. I don't have the stockings on the mantle yet, but I have garland and bunch of Christmas toys we've collected over the years.

Everyone has beautiful trees.

There is a tree in a shop downtown that reminds me of my childhood trees. You can barely see the tree for the tons of silver icicles on it. I mean it is COVERED in silver icicles. I may go down and take a picture of it just for the memories.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I've got my tree up and decorated, but nothing else. the box with the family room decorations has been sitting in front of hubbys chair for a couple weeks. Guess that is the 'decoration' this year......

but I love my tree.

I just love every-one's Christmas trees and decorations.

MRD ... my neighbor/friend has chairs going on too. They like their tree in front of the window so this year she had to rearrange her entire living room to protect it from her 3 dogs. Chairs are included. Must be a trend.

I love all the special touches ... animals, chairs, boxes, Rick and crooked stars included. Thanks everyone for sharing them here. Don't stop.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;2714844;
    I just love every-one's Christmas trees and decorations.

MRD ... my neighbor/friend has chairs going on too. They like their tree in front of the window so this year she had to rearrange her entire living room to protect it from her 3 dogs. Chairs are included. Must be a trend.

I love all the special touches ... animals, chairs, boxes, Rick and crooked stars included. Thanks everyone for sharing them here. Don't stop.

Waldo's a trend setter. Who knew?

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2714857;
    Waldo's a trend setter. Who knew?
    Oh ... I had a feeling ! The things we do for our furry friends.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Premium Member

Here's my tree. I wasn't able to manage the big artificial one this year so I got a smaller (it's still 6 ft. tall) real tree. Most of my ornaments are hand made by either me or friends. I have cinnamon cutout ornaments and some made out of dough and dipped in scented wax all hung with strips of homespun. I've also got some chenille snowmen, stars made from old cutter quilts, rusty tin snowflakes, wood stars, hearts, candy canes and snowmen, pine cones, and a few cookie cutters also hung with strips of homespun. My favorite thing is my topper - one of my girlfriends that used to do craft shows with me is the absolute queen of trash-to-treasure. She made this out of an old chenille bedspread and a rusty bedspring. It doesn't work as well on this tree but I managed to get it to stay up. I've got red and white lights and instead of tinsel I use raffia. It's all sort of a primitive country theme. Katie is snoozing on the loveseat in the background.

This isn't my house, it's a couple of houses down the street from me. I just love all the lights on this huge tree, and it's even more beautiful now that it has some snow on it.

Last edited by Marleybone; 12-11-2007 at 05:47 PM.

I love it Marleybone - very rustic and unique.
    So very special!

Your tree is beautiful, Marley.

MRD

Nice tree MB.

We have a friend in the military and they do a kind of homespun Americana tree. It's really beautiful. The entire tree is patriotic, but also kind of country like patriotic. It's one of the most unique trees I've ever seen.

Another unique tree belongs to friends of ours in the Florida keys. The entire tree (and garlands they strung themselves) are shells and sand dollars. The star on top is a star fish.

I used to do a very pretty themed tree using baby's breath and white tulle, white and gold ornaments, etc. After my daughter was born and we started collecting ornaments for her and she started making us ornaments, we kind of abandoned the themed tree. I would like to do one again some day. I saw a picture of one done of birds, bird houses, feathers, etc. that was gorgeous.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;2714886;
    This isn't my house, it's a couple of houses down the street from me. I just love all the lights on this huge tree, and it's even more beautiful now that it has some snow on it.
    ]
    Marley, your indoor tree reminds me of the ones I used to see as a kid

I love the big tree also; it seems that the majority of people around here have canged to the all white light look over the last 10 years or so. Not to insult anyone who has that look, but I find it so boring; I like colors, colors, colors!
    And I'm sure the area kids love this big all colored tree too!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread