+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Post pics of your Christmas Tree here....

Quote Originally Posted by ProbablyBaby;2178377;
    That's my girl, she is 6 years old, part beagle, part coonhound.
    Awww. Too cute in the hat! So,...her name. What's her name? Did you pick her or did she pick you? Join us over in General Discussion, For Animal Lovers thread and brag. We have enquiring minds!

LoisLane: Thanks. I bought the tree skirt several years ago, maybe at Winners?

Libra and Vonna: I have always had a white tree until Mr. Tootles came along. I love white trees. Last year I saw a 6 ft tall white feather tree at La Senza. I almost attacked the sales clerk to ask where she got it and if I could buy it from her. But I resisted. The store was jammed and I figured she probably wouldn't know.

I was also looking for purple lights. I've been to Walmart 3 times and keep forgetting to find their seasonal section.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Anyone can get this tree! It's both pretty and functional, and provides cool refreshing drinks that are less filling!

Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Someone had waaay too much time on their hands to think that up and actually do it..........BUT I must admit, I am quite impressed with it!!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

MissKitty--Feather trees are my very-very-very favorite--I just would have attacked the clerk to find out how to buy it....

Mine sorta...kinda....with eyes squinted looks like a feather tree..
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

MRD
    I wish I had a picture to post of the "after" in our before and after Christmas tree saga. Our tree fell tonight. Into my lap no less! While I was on the phone with someone I barely know. She probably thinks I'm some real dork now.

OK, so the last couple days, I have been on some new medication and a couple times it has caused me to.....hard to describe. Not dizzy, but willl have a moment or two that is out of focus is the best way to describe it. It's weird, last only a few seconds and the dr. says is normal and the effects will go away. (I hope)

I was sitting in my nice comfy chair which is directly across the from the tree (lights are low as I am enjoying the light of the tree and garlands over the doors) when the phone rang and it was someone else from church inviting me to something and we were chatting a bit as we don't know each other well.

I look over and I see the tree moving and at first I thought it was my eyes out of focus again when I see it picking up speed and heading directly at me. (ATTACK OF THE CHRISTMAS TREE!!! Coming soon to a living room near you!)

The angel and the top of the tree literally land IN MY LAP!!! You can hear the big crash. The woman on the phone says: "what was that? are you alright?"
    and I am so freaking shocked I can't answer. Finally I say: "My Christmas tree just fell over, I need to go. Bye." Before I can get this out of my mouth though my husband comes in and in his very loud voice says: WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED IN HERE!!!???" I know she heard him. So much for a good impression.

He had to lift it up so I could even get up as I was trapped under it.

We don't know what happened. It's been up for 2 weeks. No one was near it either. Needless to say, we had to strip it, redo the lights, garland and ornaments and then vaccuum up about 2 million needles. I am definetly getting an artificial one next year. This is the 3rd time in the past 15 years I've had a real tree that fell.

I'm still sitting here in shock thinking about it falling at me and landing in my lap. I should have had a picture. I know the look on my face had to have been priceless!
    Oh and the dogs now won't even go in the family room now. They have been hiding out in the living room for the past hour or so with tails down looking guilty. But neither were near it. They were camped out on the couch.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Maybe you have too much stuff on it?

Kidding aside, I'm glad you're okay and I'm sure the person you were talking to will understand and even laugh about it with you later.

Sorry about the tree, MRD. We've had that happen in the past, but after the second time, we got smart. We tie it to the wall with monofilament line (good ol' fishing line). It's strong and invisible. We've even had a tree saved with it when our cat took a flying leap into the middle of it.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Hee. What a cutie.

What a doll! Way too cute.
    You know how alcohol makes people let down their prohibitions Ms Rap Supreme on VH1

Oh my MRD.....what an exciting life you lead!

We had to tie our tree up years ago after our late cat, Jasper, thought it was his duty to attack it. You know that old saying....fool me once, shame on you....fool me twice, shame on me! We were not about to let Jasper do that again! And I think back then we did have real trees too, so yes, needles everywhere are not fun.

We now have an artificial tree. I wish we had put the year we bought it on the box, because neither my hubby nor I know how long we have had it. It still looks great but it could actually be around 10 years old or so.

For years, we have always used the white mini lights. Well this year, we are decorating the tree. Hubby is 6'3", so he does the lights (and hates it!). So he gets the first string of lights up on the top of the tree and is getting the second string ready. I casually ask if he checked the lights before putting them on the tree knowing full well that he hadn't! Fortunately he just plugged the first string into an extension cord and they all lit up. I must have jinxed myself because all of the rest of the strings did not light up at all! We are pushing and shoving all the little mini lights to see if one is loose -to no avail. Finally he gives up and says he will run down to WalMart and get new lights. Before he left though we decided to go with the old fashioned kind of colored lights......the ones that if ones dies, you just replace it.

Here is a picture of our 3 year old granddaughter "helping" us put ornaments on the tree. I still have to rearrange some of them. On one branch she must have 3 or 4 ornaments, while other branches are still bare!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

+ Reply to Thread