+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Post pics of your Christmas Tree here....

Phat, I was surfing trying to find some holiday images and look what I came across!! Your house! Colour me surprised!

"Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Here's your sign JAFO'S PRINCESS's Avatar
    Phat, I was surfing trying to find some holiday images and look what I came across!! Your house! Colour me surprised!
    No, that's Mikey's dream house!
    I might as well work. I'm in a bad mood anyway.
    "I like to base my help on how happy you expect to be." Dogbert's tech support.

Quote Originally Posted by libra1022 View Post
    I dunno what came over me this year, but it was an overwhelming obsession to get a white tree to decorate. Not that I don't already have an artificial one that's perfectly fine in storage, but it just HAD to be white this time I even ended up getting all new decorations which really flipped my family out since I've been black/red/purple only for so many years. Totally enjoying to sit here every night with all the lights off but the tree and just relax.

libra1022: I don't know where you live, but maybe "it" was in the water....the NEED to have a NEW tree! Your white tree is so stunning; you must feel that you made such a good choice

Sally and I live in a very eclectic apartment, with a purple wall, a red wall, leopard print lampshades and a vivid 1950's turquoise chair. It sounds wretched, but when it's seen LIVE, we get standing ovations from friends for style and coziness.

I HAD to buy 2...count'em....2 trees this year...oh, and ALL new ornaments, this year! I bought the cutest little turquoise tree to keep the chair company and then a larger, fiber optic tree that I added PINK FEATHER LIGHTS to, for that Viva Las Vegas look. It's so beautifl in the evening; we just sit with our martini glasses in the semi-dark, watching the trees change color.

Because of circumstances beyond Sally's and my control, she is now at O'Hare airport, heading to the U.K. for Christmas. We had 1.5 days notice (her parents "surprised her with a gift ticket ) and she had to go, to honor them. So, we had Christmas last night, and I've included before and after pictures of the wrappings.

This is the larger feather tree:

This is the wee turquoise tree, keeping the chair company:

The presents, yesterday morning, with Kipper, the kitten, guarding them:

The presents, once Sally got done with them! And YES!!! that is an ipod box in the debris!!!
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Premium Member
    Libra - The white tree is beautiful, I love it! And lambi - yours looks like a Mardi-Gras tree!

I don't have a tree this year, been feeling kind of scroogy since I will be working 36 hours over the next 2 days. Next year I'm sure I will more than make up for it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone View Post
    Libra - The white tree is beautiful, I love it! And lambi - yours looks like a Mardi-Gras tree!

I don't have a tree this year, been feeling kind of scroogy since I will be working 36 hours over the next 2 days. Next year I'm sure I will more than make up for it though.

O-o-o-o-o....Mardi Gras!!! What an absolutely wonderful way to describe our tree! I it! Regarding "feeling Scroogie"; just give yourself permission to relax, after your grueling week, and take it easy. You're right: there is ALWAYS next year and you have NO idea how nice it might turn out to be!!!

Regarding my big tree, you know what coals look like, as they are dying down; they get all glow-y and change colors as they die down? Well, that's what the aluminum fiber optic tree does. I bought it waaaaay back in August, it was the VERY last one left and they weren't ordering any more, as most places don't (there job is to sell "out".) One of the many benefits of my landscaping job is that while other people are paying me to buy them decorations and stuff, I get a chance to look around for ME, while I'm doing work.

For my tastes, the festive "NON-RED/GREEN" colors that are out there were right up my alley; I can say (for myself) that this is the first year in my life that Christmas decorations really reflected my taste....from ornaments, wrapping paper, to trees.

Woo-Hoo! I'm heading off to the Mardi Gras tree!!!

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

lambikins
    Sally and I live in a very eclectic apartment, with a purple wall, a red wall, leopard print lampshades and a vivid 1950's turquoise chair. It sounds wretched, but when it's seen LIVE, we get standing ovations from friends for style and coziness.
    OMGosh! Sounds like someone has a decorator's touch! Love your feather tree and your turqoise chair as well.

Kipper the kitten could be a cousin to my Gracie-kins. Except Gracie has longer bent handle-bar whiskers! But the same green eyes!

AND, you know those two boxes sitting on your gift chair; the gold star and blue ornament sequined ones? I have the SAME style in the Xmas tree, pineapple and fish! What a small, small world. I don't even remember where I bought them. Some specialty shop I think.

So sorry to hear that Sally won't be with you. It is kinda difficult to pass on a trip home!

And Libra, your white tree is superb. I've had a white one for many, many years, and much prefer it over green.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Kipper! You're very pretty!

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    OMGosh! Sounds like someone has a decorator's touch! Love your feather tree and your turqoise chair as well.
    Why "Thank you"!, misskitty. This is Sally's first apartment...ever...so it was so important that she be able to express herself with her own style. Being brought up in a "Proper British Family", she came from an environment like 4 Privet Drive, in Harry Potter, so she was SO done with pastels and matching thing-ies. When I get back to my computer that has photos, I'll post some more.

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty
    Kipper the kitten could be a cousin to my Gracie-kins. Except Gracie has longer bent handle-bar whiskers! But the same green eyes!
    Sally never had pets growing up, so her two kitties are her very first pets. The unseen boy kitty is "Haggis": a Scottish Sausage and the wee kitlet on the chair, as you know, is "Kipper" a wee silver fish. Obviously, Sally likes to name her animals after food! She swears that if she gets another cat she's naming it "Biscuit", which is British for cookie.

AND, you know those two boxes sitting on your gift chair; the gold star and blue ornament sequined ones? I have the SAME style in the Xmas tree, pineapple and fish! What a small, small world. I don't even remember where I bought them. Some specialty shop I think.
    Every year, I buy more sequined boxes to add to my collection and that's part of the decorations. They are SO inexpensive, yet so festive, that they add the necessary *sparkle* to Christmas. I've gotten mine everywhere: Wal-Mart, Cost Plus, Pier 1, and posh shops, too. Your pineapple and fish sound really cool!

So sorry to hear that Sally won't be with you. It is kinda difficult to pass on a trip home!
    Well, she really didn't have a choice and neither did I. Her parents sent e-tickets and guilted her with "you haven't been home for THREE Christmases". They have conveniently forgotten that the reason she HASN'T been home is how they treated her when they found out she was G.A.Y. ....they tossed her out of the house. So, I guess that this is their "Olive Branch" to her, and we decided that picking up the branch was important to the healing process. It still doesn't fill the emptiness within me, however; she's gone until the 7th of January.

Quote Originally Posted by Marley
    Kipper! You're very pretty!
    Oh, NOW you did it, Marley!!! She was a Princess before your comment....after she reads THIS, she'll be impossible to live with!

Looking forward to the new pics.

Quote Originally Posted by lambikins
    she's gone until the 7th of January.
    That's cool. She'll be home just in time for Ukrainian Christmas
    You can party all over again!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by lambikins View Post
    Oh, NOW you did it, Marley!!! She was a Princess before your comment....after she reads THIS, she'll be impossible to live with!
    I didn't type a thing. My cat uses this computer too, you know.

+ Reply to Thread