+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Post pics of your Christmas Tree here....

Here's your sign JAFO'S PRINCESS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phat32 View Post
    *Bumpity-bump!*

I can't believe it's time to revive this thread.

Our tree is up! The photos don't show them clearly, but except for maybe a dozen, each ornament on this tree is a penguin. Some were gifts. Some were homemade by friends and family who know about J.'s fondness for penguins. (The homemade ones, of course, hold extra-special memories.)

It doesn't show up well, but the latest addition to Penguin Family is near the middle, slightly to the left and higher up. This was my ornament gift to J. this year. I call him "El Gordo" because of his size and shape; J. calls him "phat." (Get it?) And, no, I don't know how I got that light effect. I just played with settings on the digital camera.

We would love to see yours!
    My 3 yr old is oobsessed with penguins (long story) he would move in there in a second!
    I might as well work. I'm in a bad mood anyway.
    "I like to base my help on how happy you expect to be." Dogbert's tech support.

Pom - you are such a kick!
    I will try and get a pick of my trees....but the days are flying by and I still have not STARTED my shopping. Shame on me!

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Pom - you're a riot!!

Here's my tree this year - it's almost 10 feet - was $60 and is probably the most perfectly shaped tree we have had. I can't get a decent angle in the room without standing on the furniture!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I dunno what came over me this year, but it was an overwhelming obsession to get a white tree to decorate. Not that I don't already have an artificial one that's perfectly fine in storage, but it just HAD to be white this time I even ended up getting all new decorations which really flipped my family out since I've been black/red/purple only for so many years. Totally enjoying to sit here every night with all the lights off but the tree and just relax.

mkwdood, we loved going to home to mom's and seeing all the decorations we grew up with! Then some scumbag broke into her store room and stole them. It was the noma 21 point moravian star that we missed the most. I love eBay! For Christmas this year I bought a whole bunch of 1950's ornaments (I ended up tossing half though because once I got them I saw they were just trashed). We're driving out and I'm going to surprise her. I even found the star.
    home at last

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyGills View Post
    mkwdood, we loved going to home to mom's and seeing all the decorations we grew up with! Then some scumbag broke into her store room and stole them. It was the noma 21 point moravian star that we missed the most. I love eBay! For Christmas this year I bought a whole bunch of 1950's ornaments (I ended up tossing half though because once I got them I saw they were just trashed). We're driving out and I'm going to surprise her. I even found the star.
    That is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by JAFO'S PRINCESS View Post
    My 3 yr old is oobsessed with penguins (long story) he would move in there in a second!
    That's great, Jafo's Princess.

If your son likes penguins as much as J. does, I'm confident he's seen March of the Penguins? The penguin-lover in our house gave it a big .

Also, check out Penguin Place and the penguin selection at Animal Den for the penguin lover in your life. Some really neat items, here.

We have a penguin in every room, whether it's a drawing, stuffed animal or figurine. When we go on vacation, one of the things we do is add to J.'s collection of penguins. When I was on business in Pittsburgh a few years ago, the bookstore near where I was having lunch had a huge penguin display in the window. I wandered in and inquired about the advent calendar. They told me that the owner was a huge penguin collector and displayed part of her collection in the window, and that the advent calendar wasn't for sale. I took a bill out of my wallet and said, "Oh, yeah? Maybe you ought to have a chat with my friend Abe Lincoln here." (At the end of the day, the paper advent calendar cost three times that much. But it was worth it.)

Thanks for the post, JP! J. and I read it together and were delighted. (Yes, she's a member here. Yes, the folks on FoRT come up in our everyday conversation quite often these days. )

And the photos of everyone's trees have been great!
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Phat- Do you think a 3 yr old would enjoy it? I was planning to rent it and watch it myself before I bought it to see if he would. He loves the Garfield movie so he's not stuck on cartoons only. I would love to stash it in his stocking!!(I did score stuffed penguins from the movie off the avon lady)

I'm the "J" in Phat's posts. Jafo's Princess - I think that your son would love March of the Penguins but you might also consider Madagascar. That movie has a lot of penguin action too! Also - I got some hilarious penguin shaped cheese crackers at either Wal-Mart or Target - that might make a good stocking stuffer! Feel free to pm me or Phat if you want any more penguin ideas.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

+ Reply to Thread