+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Post pics of your Christmas Tree here....

Getting a digital camera for myself for Christmas! Your trees are all beautiful!
    Go Tigers!

Phat and PB, what beautiful trees you have. Wow.

Dag, that's a wonderful tradition you have with your daughter. My mother began taking my daughter out to pick a new ornament every year when she was about three, with the intention that when she moved out on her own, she would have a good start on her own collection. My mom passed away in 2001, and those ornaments have become even more precious to her and us. With Lil Rose turning 19 in two months, she'll be buying her own tree before we know it.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

All the trees are so very pretty! I love to see the lights all twinkling, all the different colours and I like to squint my eyes so they really flare and glow. I'm allergic to trees too, and we are empty-nesters (I feel old reading some of the posts, I'm a grandmom -- a very young one ) we decided a few years back to decorate a tree outdoors. Now we just do it with lights, the decorations didn't withstand the elements well. We have a full (fake) tree on our veranda and two little ones in the house, one in the kitchen and one on the fireplace hearth so I can always see them. I haven't used a flash, so I hope my little pictures turn out.
    Last edited by Kennedy; 02-25-2006 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat View Post
    Plus, the 9-10' trees were almost $200 this year at the lot my daughter's school wanted us to go to (they get a kickback).
    $200?!? You poor thing! I have never seen prices like that for a tree. Arounf where I live you can get a large tree (9-10 and above for $25-$30 and small ones for $15. I guess there are a few tree growers around here who bring them to the city and sell them for much, much more. Is $200 a normal price everywhere? I am so sorry. Next year I am going to plan a big Christmas Tree Party for all my fellow forters. We can drink hot chocolate, eat candy canes and go pick out trees together.

Since before we were married, my husband and I have exchanged ornaments when we put up the tree. When the kids came along, we started buying a new one for them each year. We're not at home this year but we're still keeping the tradition.

My daughter and my aunt are putting up the tree now. So, I'll post a pic when they're done.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

wow. your tree is HUGE! I would post mine, but the stand broke and fell over and my cats chewed on the lights cord, so i just was upset and put everything away. I dont have a car to get a REAL tree...

Quote Originally Posted by tickerrose View Post
    $200?!? You poor thing! I have never seen prices like that for a tree. Arounf where I live you can get a large tree (9-10 and above for $25-$30 and small ones for $15. I guess there are a few tree growers around here who bring them to the city and sell them for much, much more. Is $200 a normal price everywhere? I am so sorry. Next year I am going to plan a big Christmas Tree Party for all my fellow forters. We can drink hot chocolate, eat candy canes and go pick out trees together.
    You can go to Home Depot and get one for a decent price, it's just that this lot has a deal with my daughter's elementary school to donate part of the proceeds. Apparently, they are coming from a family farm in Oregon (I'm in the SF bay area). These were beautiful, gorgeous trees but very pricey. Everything's overly expensive here.

Nice pictures, GrumpgG. Anyone have an impressive light display this year?
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

My aunt let my daughter hang all of the ornaments on the bottom part of the tree. She danced around singing Christmas songs while she worked. The baby just tried to take them all off!

Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Gorgeous trees, everyone! Kind of makes me want to get one as well, although since we'll be out of town over the holidays, we've decided not to have one this year. Also, our cats love trying to wreck everything shiny and pretty in their way - especially Christmas trees. (Remember Chip and Dale and what they did to Mickey Mouse's Christmas tree? That's my kitties for you.) Maybe next year...

I think what it really comes down to is the fact that both my fiancÚ and I are at that in-between age (25-30, no kids) where we, perhaps childishly, still rely on our parents to handle all things Christmas, since they've done such a terrific job so far. Once we start a family on our own, we'll undoubtedly go nuts with Christmas trees and decorations.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

FORT Fogey
    My Christmas Tree

Here's a picture of my Christmas tree.

I bought and decorated an unusually big one this year, so I decided to let my friends at FILENE'S (in downtown Boston) display it for me. This way, you see, everyone in downtown Boston can enjoy my tree.

+ Reply to Thread