+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: I'm feelin' stressed about the holidays are you?

I'm feelin' stressed about the holidays are you?

I've finally got my seven year old to tell me some of the things he wants for Christmas...problem, everywhere I look their out of stock or discontinued. I ordered something off the internet and it still hasn't arrived I've been tracking it but it hasn't made it any further than New Jersey & that was 8 days ago. Jeez I hope they get here soon. Can't go shopping today like I had planned...its raining and snowing all at the same time...YUCK! The weather man was actually right for once Maybe I'll just have to stay in today and Yeah that will make me feel better I know, I know I'm a whiner!!!!

No stress here, who me? I'm one of those people that others "love to hate", meaning that I do my shopping throughout the year, bring the presents home, wrap them, tag them and put them aside! That way, every thing is done waaay before the holidays. Sure, I may pick up some last minute item, but it beats wrapping 50+ gifts in a marathon session during a bleary-eyed night.

Also, Mercury, the Planet, is retrograde for the next 15 days or so and that governs ALL communications, in particular computers. Messages are lost, delays in communication are snaffled and it won't be sorted out until it goes 'direct' around Christmas.

Take care of YOURSELF: draw a warm, steamy bath and bring in a glass/bottle of wine to relax. Delegate, Delegate, Delegate some of the responsibility, if you can.

And remember....this Christmas, too, shall pass!
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

no stress here yet .. but then again the face to face, make small talk hasn't started yet
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Im actually getting in the mood for Christmas this year. We got snow on the ground, the Christmas tree is up and I am going to try some of these cookie recipes in our Cookie Exchange Thread Merry Christmas to all!

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    I think i've given up celebrating christmas. Or any holiday.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    no stress here yet .. but then again the face to face, make small talk hasn't started yet
    That's the part I hate the most- getting together with family that doesn't get along and trying to make the most of a bad situation. It seems like every family has those certain people who are never happy, no matter what. I feel like I have to be a peace keeper most of the time, and that really sucks.

Other than that, no stress.

my family puts on their happy face for get-togethers, we do talk and laugh but its the same conversations every single year!
    Ok the funniest thing ever.. in our family anyway.
    A little background. My middle brother and his wife have an on again off again thing going on .. for years now it really ticks the family off because my nephews (13 & 11) get caught in the shuffle.
    My grandfather is a quiet man without a bad word to say about anyone.

So.. I was at my dad's for a small bday celebration and my grandparents were there. I accidentally dropped the bomb that my bro and his wife were once again back together. Everyone made the expected noises and head shakes.
    In the silence my grandfather says... "you know, there are 2 things you can always count on to come back at Christmas... Santa Claus and Lynn (my bro's wife)"
    We sat stunned for a second, and then everyone burst into laughter. It was hilarious!! (probably lame for those of you reading it now but at the time believe me it caused uproarious laughter)
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Duxx I don't think it's lame at all.

I'm not necessarily stressed from the holidays *yet*, that'll change the closer in it gets with just the sheer work hours and things that need to get done. Right now I'm stressed cause the upper management in my company is driving me FREAKIN NUTS about stuuuuuupid things and nit picking us to death. Ack, sorry off topic there....but anyways, holiday stuff....I'm more ready than I've been in years! All the gifts (except two) are bought and wrapped and already happily sitting under the tree just waiting for the big day.

Duxxy your grand dad sounds a lot like my father in law. I loved his keen observation.
    After my last kid finally got out of the house I declared that I was not going to get stressed over holidays again. I have kept that declaration. All the adults get a check and a small gift. My grand kids, two grown and a three year old, get gifts and a check except for the little one. He just gets toys and clothes. We learned that we could not give him money.
    We go out of town for Christmas every year now. This year we will be at a B&B on a mountain in Georgia. My idea of celebrating is to have a warm bath and my pj's on about dark, certainly by about 9 pm. That will work well because we will have access to the video library and popcorn and soft drinks are furnished.

FORT Fogey
    I just got back from buying cards and I don't even know if I'll write them and mail them, but I think I'm blowing off Christmas day this year -- no gathering with anyone.

I think I'll just hunker down and wait for it to pass.

Too much crap to deal with and I'm not up for it this year.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast