+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I'm feelin' stressed about the holidays are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    We had to go to Target for some gift cards and to Penney's at the mall for a gift for HIS cousin. On the way out there he actually said that all that shopping just drives him crazy. He'll be glad when it's done. I gave him "the look". Anyone blame me?
    ALL of that shopping???

Sounds like a little was called for.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb
    I'm not stressed at all, because I've already decided that I'm going to do what very little ( 3 gifts) shopping I'm going to do online, and only do baking ONE day...Dec.21. No parties, no cards, none of that crap. Bah Humbug!

OMG....I forgot about Christmas cards! Yikes, I promised myself I would get some sent out this year. OK, I'm a bit stressed now.....

I never get stressed about Christmas because I send things when I can. If they get it early cool,if they get it late cool.....they ought to be happy they got something from me in the first place.

Who me--holiday stress???????

OK, it isn't all holiday, but it is everything that has a deadline coming up before the holidays that has me stressed out.

1. Christmas show costumes for 4 children ages 5-11 (2 of which I haven't been told what to do yet)
    2. Christmas shopping for same kids.
    3. Special collections of kitchen items for the poor, for each of the 4 kids to take into school. (1 of which I have not yet been told what to buy)
    4. A Dec 21st laser tag birthday party to arrange for my 10 and 11 year olds (no, invites are NOT out yet)
    5. Christmas cards.
    6. Husband is out of town until Sunday.
    7. I'm sick with a sore throat, headache, spinning head. I feel horrible.

ugh Pam that sucks - good luck I hope you're feeling better soon
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Wow, MalibuPam....4 kids?....I'll quit whining now!

Premium Member
    I'm not stressed for the holidays.. this has been a crazy year and for me things are winding down now. Both of my sons left home this year.. one graduated from high school and left for college and the other was just married in October. It's been a wonderful year of planning lots of celebrations, welcoming a new daughter-in-law, packing for college, and adjusting to my way too quiet empty nest.. and now for the holidays I am going to kick back and just enjoy all the blessings in my life.
    I needed a break though, so I decided NOT to hang lights on the house this year and I am not sending Christmas cards. It's amazing how much stress it causes trying to get all that done!

I'm tired of all the "Christmas is sooooooo commercial" crap. Give me a break - the consumer industry can try to make everything about presents and wrapping and stuff like that but there are those of us ... most of the people in this thread that are just looking forward to getting together with friends and family. What is commercial about that?
    So you have to make extra trips to the grocery store, with so many people at the table you need more, and it's nice for everyone to have a small trinket to take home -Those who hate it so much,I say just don't do it.
    We all have our own 'reason for the season'. Because mine might not be the same as your's doesn't make it wrong.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by did_it_again
    I never get stressed about Christmas because I send things when I can. If they get it early cool,if they get it late cool.....they ought to be happy they got something from me in the first place.
    I'm hoping mine won't get here late, did. :nono
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Every year, I watch my sisters completley stress out trying to have that Hallmark, Martha Stewart perfect Christmas that is just so unrealistic. Donna Reed is dead and Martha's in jail. I started enjoying the season when I decided I was going to do things that I'd like and leave out all the rest, which means, If I don't want to go to a party, I simply don't go. If I don't want to cook a Turkey, we go out for dinner. I buy presents for the kids in the family, and one gift for my almost husband and that's it. I don't send Christmas cards out, don't see the point, maybe if I made them myself I'd feel differently. If some of my siblings are not getting a long, I don't go home, I don't need the drama. Stores that start decorating for Christmas in November really turn me off. What I do like is spending time with people I normally don't see often, and who's company I enjoy, and the warm fuzzy feeling that sometimes appears out of all that tinsel. There is no Christmas police, no fines for not falling all the rules. If you hate sending out Christmas cards, why do it. A true friend is not going to think any less of you for it. If you don't want to have dinner, try going out one year, I've had a great time when I've done that. Make your own rules, you'll be forgiven.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast