+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tasteless Christmas decorations!

Tasteless Christmas decorations!

I've just been shopping for Christmas decorations. The shop I went into has a great range of fabulous "tasteful" decorations. BUT in the middle of all the beautiful festive things, there was a moving Santa figure, with an exposed belly, singing some unrecognizable tune. As it sang the belly moved, upwards, downwards, left and right! I asked a salesgirl about it and she said that the manager loved it! Weird taste!!! The staff are driven to distraction by it apparantly and I don't blame them. The girl said that some people had actually bought it!! Has anyone seen a more tastless seasonal decoration!!

how dare you insult my Santa choices!! LOL j/k
    It sounds like the hokey kind of thing that would make me laugh my butt off.. I'd buy it if the price was right.
    Sometimes tasteful and Christmas just don't go together.. especially when you have an 'offbeat' (read: weird) sense of humour.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    how dare you insult my Santa choices!! LOL j/k
    It sounds like the hokey kind of thing that would make me laugh my butt off.. I'd buy it if the price was right.
    Sometimes tasteful and Christmas just don't go together.. especially when you have an 'offbeat' (read: weird) sense of humour.
    See, I dig stuff like that Santa. I'm one of those people with a weird sense of humor, which is why I'm permanently banned from ever selecting decorations for any holiday...
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

When you said tasteless Christmas decorating it reminded me of this picture that i saw last year. It is sort of funny but tasteless just the same...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    God grant me the serenity. To accept the things I cannot change; Courage to change the things I can; And the wisdom to know the difference.

bwwwwwahahaha .. see . that made me laugh - but I'm never have it on my front lawn
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by blue jean baby
    When you said tasteless Christmas decorating it reminded me of this picture that i saw last year. It is sort of funny but tasteless just the same...

Really funny pic, but you wouldn't see it in my house

Wouldnt see it at my house either...lol.

bjb
    God grant me the serenity. To accept the things I cannot change; Courage to change the things I can; And the wisdom to know the difference.

I think it's hilarious, but I wouldn't have it either. I usually just put lights all over everything....house, trees, the cat if he'd stay still...

The house down the road from me has those huge 20 foot inflatable things, they have a snowman, Santa, and a huge Grinch. Not my style, but I like to drive by and look!
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

I know this is a different kind of tasteless than what y'all are talking about, but over the weekend I saw one of those huge inflatable yard Santas -- outside a funeral home.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

I don't mind some funny things but I do find there are a couple of things no longer in style. I don't really want to write what exactly, because there are some people everywhere still "stuck in the 80's" and I wouldn't want to insult anyone.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast