+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tasteless Christmas decorations!

Each year, My wife and I with the kids complaining in the rear go around to neighborhoods to take pictures of nasty christmas lights and decorations, She's a photographer by trade and she puts them into books, she showed them at work and someone suggested that she give them out as gifts. So far she's done it for 3 yrs and people ask her for them all the time now.
    In these times of Greatness, what is better than being a Bostonian? Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics (NO. 5anyone?) and I'll even give props to the Black N Gold!!!

My least favorite Christmas decorations are those that our messy sloppy neighbors leave up on their house half hanging on the nails half hanging down to the ground. They've been up for 2 years straight and they don't even turn them on. The rest of their place isn't all that well decorated either. It used to be one of the nicest homes on the street. Shameful...and it drives me crazy every time I drive by.

I hate when people leave their lights up all year round, are you that lazy? And it really irks me when people still turn their lights on anytime by late January and on. Some light them 'til March, H-E-L-L-O...Christmas is in DECEMBER folks!

i drove by a house today and they had a huge inflatable Santa on the roof and candy canes along the side walk BUT they also had ghosts hanging from a tree and those big halloween leef bags like jackolanterns next to the side walk. i was like oh my gosh if your going to take the time to put up the Christmas stuff at least take the time to take down the Halloween stuff. It looked so tacky.

bjb
    God grant me the serenity. To accept the things I cannot change; Courage to change the things I can; And the wisdom to know the difference.

I think that kids like the inflatable decorations so they're okay by me. My kid has a Santa and a big tree with gifts on it. What I don't care for is the multi theme yards. A neighbor has a plastic nativity set with characters that glow from within. Beside this there are three carolers and close by Santa and Rudolph lurk with Rudolph's nose flashing. This, to me, is overkill.

i have seen yards with multiple things like that, that looked good. One yard where i used to live sort of devided their yard up. The front left had one theme like the nativity, then the front right had another theme like Santa, and then the back yard had Santa sitting on a tractor pulling a big hay wagon full of gifts, it had a sign that said have a john dear Christmas... it was in the south, lol. It looked good they lived on a corner and their whole yard was decorated and then they had white lights on the house and fence. It had allot but it was done very tastefully and it looked great.

i do not think it would look good as you described it, not all right next to each other with nothing to set it apart.

bjb
    God grant me the serenity. To accept the things I cannot change; Courage to change the things I can; And the wisdom to know the difference.

I'm just going to put this guy on my front lawn and be done with it!!

"Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I saw a lawn with Baby Jesus dressed as Santa. I guess they were going for fusion, but I found it tacky, not to mention sacreligious.
    :phhht
    TRUTH, BOREDOM, HUMOR
    "It is always the best policy to speak the truth, unless, of course, you are an exceptionally good liar."
    -Jerome K. Jerome

Had to visit our local hospital today with a relative and it was a "christmas free" experience. Not sure if it was hospital policy, but I'm not sure what's worse. No decorations or tastless decorations!
    Act your age, not your shoe size!

http://asmallvictory.net/archives/001795.html

^ This is a link to an article I found called "Tackiness in the Name of the Lord" which is all about tasteless Christmas decoration.

It includes photographic evidence and stories of "Christmas Decoration Hell", including the man in Idaho who, a couple of years ago, had a display of Santa crucified on his lawn.

[IMG]images/img/nickcross.jpg[/IMG]

Classsssssy...
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast